Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I think I see where I made my mistake this is Harleys 750 am I right?

Mark

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah the pictures weren't the best and when I saw the price and thinking it was a Vrod was the reason I posted.

Mark

·
Registered
466 Posts
Engine displacement is not the only difference
It's engine has more in common with a jap bike then a v-rod. . Apples and oranges

·
VRSC est -03
2,595 Posts
The real "R" may not be the "best" looking V-rod..
For those of you who still have not riding one yet: Do not.
You may ending up with one. (y)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here you go I think this is a real one.

Mark

·
Asatruar
2,950 Posts
Close, but that's a Night Rod. Different forks & frame, less lean angle also.
It's a 2006 so the gas tank is smaller. 3.8 gallon (?) v/s 5 gallon of the Street Rod.

Reactions: oleblu72

·
Premium Member
1,614 Posts
All I can say is R's rule. I had a guy just tonight try to take me two up, he & I with a female on board, his a modern " Adventure " Bike - me the R model, sorry, no luck for him I even slowed down so he could give it another try but not even a contest - the R pulls to 90 + on curvy roads, I really think he was changing his oil back there or something. In any event, the R spanked his ass and he really wanted to spank mine. Amazing but there you go - probably 13 years difference in the bikes, and Adventure bikes are cool, but can't hold a candle to an R model in the right hands - just an example of how bikes get engineered off their real duty and turned into something else that might not fit into the real world on the street. R Models rule, even today. H-D never knew what they had, and neither did their riders. I'm pretty damn happy I got mine. NO, I'm not going to lower it Dumb A$$, if anything the shocks need to be longer - (y) :censored:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Because it's not a V Rod. Totally different animal! And I mean animal!! ?
Boat anchor..Ba-haha..I know someone who has one.
Not even really a VROD Jr, but I think it is supposed to be.
Decent Starter Bike.
It's all good. I have a 06 Night Rod and if it Hit the lottery I would go by
and R yesterday for sure.

·
Asatruar
2,950 Posts
I know a gal whose son owns the hindu-davidson street rod model. I actually saw it up close,twas parked in her garage for the winter.

Er Nope,didn't change my opinion of it .

·
Premium Member
1,614 Posts
H-D Heathen " Hindu - Davidson Street Rod " That right there is some damn funny stuff -it really is - I don't care who ya are !! :D:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:(y):geek:

·
Streetboy
9 Posts
All I can say is R's rule. I had a guy just tonight try to take me two up, he & I with a female on board, his a modern " Adventure " Bike - me the R model, sorry, no luck for him I even slowed down so he could give it another try but not even a contest - the R pulls to 90 + on curvy roads, I really think he was changing his oil back there or something. In any event, the R spanked his ass and he really wanted to spank mine. Amazing but there you go - probably 13 years difference in the bikes, and Adventure bikes are cool, but can't hold a candle to an R model in the right hands - just an example of how bikes get engineered off their real duty and turned into something else that might not fit into the real world on the street. R Models rule, even today. H-D never knew what they had, and neither did their riders. I'm pretty damn happy I got mine. NO, I'm not going to lower it Dumb A$$, if anything the shocks need to be longer - (y) :censored:
And rule they do. I was taking a weekend out with the wife. Bombing along the freeway at 160K no sweat, loving it. Happy fella. Then in the mirror I see this big Mercedes SUV on my tail light, - rudely so. I pull over, let him go and he's moving. I gave Mr R full taps and pulled up behind him doing +230K - couldn't really see the speedo, but it was 230K something, maybe a bit more. I ended up tailgating him - couldn't see the speedo then, but its the fastest I've been. Then he pulled over and I tapped off (actually I nearly got blown off when the wind hit me). I sort of felt that I had spanked his ass, then when we stopped my wife spanked mine!?

·
Premium Member
1,614 Posts
That's a great R ride story ! Yea, I got a "slow it down damn it" hit from the Wife at 90 but she hangs in there ! I gotta say I wouldn't do that good on the back - no way ! It's amazing how well the Revo engine runs at higher speeds the weight is no longer an issue the power flows and she's singing happy through the 2-1 pipe - My 30 Tooth fwd. pulley is one of the best mods I've done, the 28 is good but she's winding out with rpm too soon. It was designed for a 30 ( International and Original US Bikes and I can see why - it runs the way it should, very fast when on the pipe, longer legs, happy V Rod !

·
Premium Member
1,614 Posts
Excellent Articles Knut J - but there is no mention of " A Small Revolution on the Cheap " or even the " Hindu - Davidson " I was expecting - WHY ? (y) :LOL: Try this 2018 V Rod overview - An American Classic, with some help from Stuttgart

1 - 20 of 24 Posts