Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Does anyone have a map for the Akrapovic 2 into 1 pipes. I am running a power commander 5, K&N filter topless airbox and Akrapovic 2 into 1 exhaust. There is now alot of heat since putting the pipes on. Have tried the tune from the dynojet site but is still running hot. Cheers

·
Registered
5,164 Posts
Hey guys. Does anyone have a map for the Akrapovic 2 into 1 pipes. I am running a power commander 5, K&N filter topless airbox and Akrapovic 2 into 1 exhaust. There is now alot of heat since putting the pipes on. Have tried the tune from the dynojet site but is still running hot. Cheers
Oddly enough a richer then desired tune will put flame further down the pipes making it feel hot. PC cals are generally too rich for best results unless the AFR tables are modified and autotuned from there. Pipes themselves being unshielded has a more heat effect as well but saying that, I can't say it's any worse then the stock pipes I ran before. PM your email and I will send you a close cal to try, which I'm using. This is for the DB killer in the Akro so it might be a bit off but should be better then a canned PC cal. This is a standard PV cal, not Target Tune.
Ron

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oddly enough a richer then desired tune will put flame further down the pipes making it feel hot. PC cals are generally too rich for best results unless the AFR tables are modified and autotuned from there. Pipes themselves being unshielded has a more heat effect as well but saying that, I can't say it's any worse then the stock pipes I ran before. PM your email and I will send you a close cal to try, which I'm using. This is for the DB killer in the Akro so it might be a bit off but should be better then a canned PC cal. This is a standard PV cal, not Target Tune.
Ron
Hello, Ron !
Can you share this map you are talking about ?

·
Registered
5,164 Posts
Hello, Ron !
Can you share this map you are talking about ?
PM your email and I will send it to you. Keep in mind, so many variables in tunes so it won't be perfect but it should be half decent. Only further tuning to your bike will refine it. How you tune compared to how I tune, could also make it worse but that's how it works in road tuning. This is a Powervison cal , not a PC cal.
Ron

·
Registered
2 Posts
PM your email and I will send it to you. Keep in mind, so many variables in tunes so it won't be perfect but it should be half decent. Only further tuning to your bike will refine it. How you tune compared to how I tune, could also make it worse but that's how it works in road tuning. This is a Powervison cal , not a PC cal.
Ron
Hi, Ron 😁
My email: [email protected]
Thanks for your help !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts