Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fella
anybody has changed the oil on later models with an inverted fork without changing the seal.

I want to change the fork oil on my 2014 V rod Muscle to heavy type one without exposing the seal or changing them just like on any fork. Anyone of you folks can confirm that.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Hi fella
anybody has changed the oil on later models with an inverted fork without changing the seal.

I want to change the fork oil on my 2014 V rod Muscle to heavy type one without exposing the seal or changing them just like on any fork. Anyone of you folks can confirm that.
It can be done. Measure the amount you drain out in each fork and replace it with the grade of your choice. If you do a complete flush out with say varsol to clean the insides out and dry it, use the manual specs for amount. Use cc, not ounces as the conversion is wrong. Normally the most accurate is a distance measurement with springs removed but the cc will get it close enough.
Ron

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its wired cuse every Mechanic I asked and the services manual says/show to change the seal kit and mine new only a year and a half. If you did or any have done it on this model please walked me thought.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts