Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my bike dyno tuned with a akrapovic exhaust and k&n intake at jd’s cycle. I have both a se tuner and a power vision and he Decided to use the se tuner. I was have a issue with idle
Surge that seems to be fixed and bike runs a lot smoother. My question is does this exhaust always have decel pops ? He said there is nothing to be done about that. This decel popping is driving me crazy!! I don’t mind a pop here or there but not when I hear 5 6 pops back to back. Please help

hp-116
Tq-80

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
I just had my bike dyno tuned with a akrapovic exhaust and k&n intake at jd’s cycle. I have both a se tuner and a power vision and he Decided to use the se tuner. I was have a issue with idle
Surge that seems to be fixed and bike runs a lot smoother. My question is does this exhaust always have decel pops ? He said there is nothing to be done about that. This decel popping is driving me crazy!! I don’t mind a pop here or there but not when I hear 5 6 pops back to back. Please help

hp-116
Tq-80
Open line pipes are prone to this but it can be dialed out. I had some popping during road tuning when the afr was set for data-logging. One specific area only, that being 1% tps right in the 2100 rpm. Regular as clockwork. What you need to do is hook up the powervision and set the signals to view rpm, kpa and tps. View where the pops are happening and hit the cal with increased fuel in that area. For me, that was 1% tps, 15kpa at 2000 - 2500 in the afr table. Mind you , I run the quiet baffle so it will behave differently then the stock baffle but the process is the same to minimize or eliminate it.
Ron

·
Registered
533 Posts
Easiest way to prove what Ron is saying (and he's on the money) is to use the "Quick Tune" section of your Powervision. You can add/subtract fuel down low and do a quick road test to see if popping gets worse or better. Then go from there as Ron suggested (FYI...it's almost always too lean BUT I have seen some tunes stupid fat in the lower ranges cause such symptoms as well. Likely you are lean though!).

·
Registered
8 Posts

hp-116
Tq-80
I just had my 15 dx dyno'd last Saturday and have same akro and k&n. I get maybe a pop here and there on decel but for some reason I like it so I don't mind but it is like one maybe two. Had it done at 2 wheel dyno works in Kirkland, WA and guys definitely new what they where doing. I tried tuning with my powervision but couldn't get anywhere with it even emailing dynojet back and forth. Sorry no help just my experience with it all. Just under 117 hp and 78 trq.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts