Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone able to help? I've wired in 25w load resistors for indicators but when I turn indicator on, its dim and flickers on the dash. And indicator doesn't work on led tail tidy. And I also hear a clicking noise coming from the turn brake run module.

But when I remove load resistor it goes back to normal on dash and works on led tail tidy but still has hyper flash.

there is 1 left turn wire and 1 right turn wire running from my led tail tidy. and on the load resistor kit there is a positive that runs to the the turn wire and negative that can run to any good earthling point I am also joining the load resistor before the turn brake run module not after it.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Anyone able to help? I've wired in 25w load resistors for indicators but when I turn indicator on, its dim and flickers on the dash. And indicator doesn't work on led tail tidy. And I also hear a clicking noise coming from the turn brake run module.

But when I remove load resistor it goes back to normal on dash and works on led tail tidy but still has hyper flash.

there is 1 left turn wire and 1 right turn wire running from my led tail tidy. and on the load resistor kit there is a positive that runs to the the turn wire and negative that can run to any good earthling point I am also joining the load resistor before the turn brake run module not after it.
You need to remove that run/turn module. The led lamp only has provision to work as a flasher and it's getting a backfeed from the run module.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Negative from load resistor to led right turn is not connected to anything at all because there is only 1 main earth

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Negative from load resistor to led right turn is not connected to anything at all because there is only 1 main earth
You need to remove the violet and the brown wires going into the run module. The brown instead of going into the run module goes direct to the right indicator. The violet goes direct to the left indicator. One side of resistor goes to the violet and the other side to ground. One side of a second resistor goes to brown and the other side to ground. Doesn't matter if there is only one ground wire, just join them all together.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay and this would be after the module? so between module and ecu side? not between load resistor and module?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Basically you will end up with something like this

The brown and violet wires coming out of the module will be redundant and go nowhere. There will be no brown or violet wires going into the module because you will have cut them before they get there and connected them directly to your leds.

. Text Diagram Drawing Design Line

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Yes, what you are aiming for is that the leds are connected completely independantly to the module. You don't want that module connected to the indicators anywhere.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
So do do I cut wires from there?
Something doesn't look right there. How many wires go into that module? The wiring diagram I have shows a lot more than I can see there or have you disconnected some? There should be a 6 pin and a 4 pin on the incoming side and an 8 pin and a 4 pin on the outgoing side.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts