Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone..

I have a 2008 night rod and Im trying to do 2013 headlight conversion.

I asked on facebook and I cannot get a clear answer. I know there are kits out there for conversions... but I want to know

If I remove the old headlight from my 2008 by removing the headlight bracket that secured by two bolts on the triple tree. Can I install a 2013 headlight bracket instead?

I see both have 2 bolts on the triple tree, but Im not sure about the spacing and/or if its fit direct?

I'm not worried about the wiring.. I know the 2013 light has two bolts that being held on a bracket that attacked to the triple tree. There is a bracket that hold the light (on my 2008 model) that is held by 2 bolts on the triple tree, if I remove that and install the 2013 will that bolt right up??

Below are the pics. I want to go from black fairing to red

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
The front ends and trees are different. The lower pic fairing is bolted directly to to the trees in their own mounting hole, not on the bracket. You could use a "AW" model bracket the same year as your bike to mount the headlight and would have to fabricate some mounting for that fairing. Hope this helps

·
Registered
18 Posts
Keith from AlteredStateDesign (KillerVRod) is amazing to deal with. I placed an order last week, waiting for it but he answered all my questions I had prior to the purchase(there was tons). I ended up get a Eagle Gen 3, light adapter, licence plate relocate and led tail lights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.