Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my bike with this Bassani exhaust on it (think it's the original road rage- long?), the baffle inside rattles like crazy and drives me insane. Trying to figure out the exact model and/or parts number for a new baffle. I believe there are 2 different baffles for this pipe, a longer quiet baffle (currently running) and a shorter performance baffle? Im looking for the shorter performance if there is one. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
I had the same problem with another bike I owned. Turned out not to be the baffle as I thought, but the double lined muffler interior piece that was tack welded inside, broke off and sounded like the damn motor was ready to self destruct. I had to replace the entire system as individual parts were not offered. I would remove the baffle and see if it is actually the problem and then call Bassani customer service here in So Cal. I recently spoke with them about putting the Road Rage II pipes on my bike and they were very helpful. But of course , they are illegal in California ( thanks smog Nazis)where they make them so they could not even sell me a set.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response man. I think I have it figured out. I just ended up rewrapping the baffle and adjusting the mounting tap. It looked like it had gotten bent somehow and allowed the baffle to back out about 1/2" making it rattle like hell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.