Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

41 - 60 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Yeah, I would to be safe. I just pull the front off since it's easy and that's how I like to install peoples springs. I pull the spring out and compress the fork to see where I need to notch out cover.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Ok, will do pics. Doing it this way allows you to switch to Amsoil fork oil as well, lol.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Around $12 a bottle I believe. Takes roughly 4 to fill. There are a couple people on here who are vendors and will probably ship.

·
Frank
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Yeah, I would to be safe. I just pull the front off since it's easy and that's how I like to install peoples springs. I pull the spring out and compress the fork to see where I need to notch out cover.
FYI, these kits to not change the travel, so if you already have the covers setup for full travel, you are good to go with the FFSK istalled as well.

·
Registered
580 Posts
When you slam the bike is the reason your going to have to cut the cover. Driving around you will be fine as he stated.

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
I'm in Frank... I know I'm late to the party but time doesn't bother me. I'll have the form signed and sent tomorrow. Great to see you back to making cool stuff! Missed you guys at Spring Fling!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Frank
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
6 kits were completed last night. Those with forms already sent in should send in their payments via PayPal at this time and the kits will be shipped the same or next business day.

·
FATASSDX
2,143 Posts
41 - 60 of 188 Posts