Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my accident last year my neck kills me for 3 - 5 days after I ride my bike. Looking at some pictures someone took from behind me my neck is kinked bad.

I purchased the reduced reach seat and it didnt fix the issue. I sat on a 2008 DX which had the reduced reach bars and it was perfect.

Anyone know if the bars will fit a 2012? Has anyone installed them on a 2012?

I just need another inch or so and I think I will be fine. Any other options?

·
my own fan club
111 Posts
sure they will fit.

they are standard equipment on 2012 models.

check you Harley catalogue page 51.

2012 release info.
"Ergonomics changes
•Pull back handlebar (3 inches closer)
•Reduced reach foot pegs (1 inch closer)"

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The standard bars that come with the 2012 dont come back as far as the pull back bars they sell. So if the pull backs that they have fit my 2012 Ill buy them.

sure they will fit.

they are standard equipment on 2012 models.

check you Harley catalogue page 51.

2012 release info.
"Ergonomics changes
•Pull back handlebar (3 inches closer)
•Reduced reach foot pegs (1 inch closer)"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Need more than the "reduced reach" stock 2012

I have long legs, short body and need 1-2 inches more pullback on the bars to sit comfortably after an accident last year tore the ligaments in my lower spine. The Iron stock bars ( which I have off my 2012 Iron ) are too narrow to really get the leverage for turns and they push my elbows into my ribcage. There has to be something out there to bring the bars back a few more inches?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I bought a 2012 Night Rod Special and then had the reduced reach bars installed. It DOES work with the stock cables/lines, and does make a difference in fit. If you read the catalog again, the 2012 bars come back 3" but the reduced reach model bars come back 4". Trust me, it does make a difference! I am 6'3", but with long legs, the reduced reach bars let me sit up straighter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts