Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I've just fitted a 2into1 Akropovic exhaust and a k&n air filter with topless airbox. No tuner. I took it up the road but it didnt run well as it hesitated and so on. Question is can I replace the filter back with my stock filter and use the bike till I get a tuner? Its fitted with factory NB 12mm at present. Cheers

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Def need a tune. Make sure the 12mm sensors are not shrouded by using the reducer bushings from 18-12mm. Better sampling that way for tuning if you chose NB sensor tuning. Breather element won't make any difference regarding your low end complaints.
Ron

·
"Grab your ankles"
193 Posts
As others have said, you NEED a tuner. Get in touch with FuelMoto.com and they will get you hooked up. They have a database full of tunes for just about every mod combination imaginable. Call them up, tell them your mods list, pick a tuner, they'll load it up with a tune file and put the tuner in the mail. Easy as pie. Good luck!

·
My Last Ride
1,343 Posts
Typically people install custom exhaust to increase torque and horsepower. More power requires more fuel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts