Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
14000 2012 Harley-Davidson V-Rod 10th Anniversary Edition

I really hate to do it... I'm getting divorced and have to sell. I will end up getting another bike but most likely a used bike under $10,000 anyways, I owe 16356 as of today. I would like to get $16,000 for her. The only thing I have done is the V mod exhaust. She has the alarm system and ABS and about 3000 miles on her. I'm willing to entertain offers but please guys no lowballin..
*UPDATE* I realised from researching that you could probably get a new brand spanking new one for this amount, so I lowered the price and put a number on it!

-------------------------- I'm Asking $$14000-----------------------------------
If I don't sell it on here Ill try my luck with Ebay.

*Also, If you live within 500 miles of Fort Stewart or near the route from Savannah Ga through to Jacksonville FL. to San Antonio Tx. I can deliver it to you.** My home town is in the Houston area so I make the trip when I can/have to :)**

2012 Harley-Davidson V-Rod 10th Anniversary Edition Motorcycle

My friends and my V Rods
The second pic is of my bike

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, she split while I was in the field, training for 2 weeks. Im just happy she left my bike!!!

·
Registered
338 Posts
I saw several 2012 DX for sale but this is the first time I see a 2012 VRSCA. Good luck with the sale. Sorry about what happens

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
boredom kills
2,310 Posts
Thanks, she split while I was in the field, training for 2 weeks. Im just happy she left my bike!!!
You didn't mention kids. I you have no children with her consider yourself lucky. If you do, be patient.

Keep the bike, you'll regret it later.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats the thing.. I have two kids with her.. I dont want to sell it however its a contested divorce and im going to need the extra cash every month. Im thinking about not even getting another bike untill this is all over however this summer would be a waste... Thanks for the concern though.. we will see how everything goes..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Sorry to hear about your "D". NOBODY wins in these things EXCEPT the attorneys.

They have NO incentive to move things along because you are a captured revenue stream.

A friend has been going through a divorce for almost 10 years now with NO end in sight and over $250k in attorney fees- his and hers. Her attorney knows a good thing when he sees it and files mountains of motions for trivial things because he gets his fee of $300 - $400 every times he files one.

So NO don't buy ANYTHING until it's all over AND don't leave the house.

The kids are protected with a straight forward monthly amount established by the court WHEN everything is settled. In the intirim the amount for the kids and your almost ex are set by the judge and can be MUCH, MUCH MORE than the court rates.

You understand the phrase "Helmet On and Head Down" which should be your standing orders until this has all passed.

Just remember you are not alone. Many of us have traveled this road and you too will survive.

Best wishes

Jerry

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
10 years and 250K !!!! HOLY CRAP!!!!....I really hope it doesnt go down like that... I sure as hell dont make anywhere near that kind of money to lose in a Divorce!!! The point on Friction is the kids... thats why its contested... I just want them near me... I know I cant have them because im usually only home 1-2 years between deployments but that should be extended whith the draw down n shit. Probably won't be buying anything... i dont know. We were renting a 1200 4 bedroom house.. I got out of that and put everything into storage and Im in a military school in OK. I get back on the 30th though... looking for a 2 br apt, not in the ghetto.. oh welll....

one step at a time. thank you though.

·
It's Only Money
1,321 Posts
Divorce is expensive, because it's worth it. Best money I'ver ever spent to actually enjoy life. Man that being married to her was miserable. I just wish I knew what the f I was thinking when I first asked and secondly when I said "I do". It vexes me.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
This should be your guiding principle;

A Male Fairy Tale*
Once upon a time, a Prince asked a beautiful Princess, Will you marry me? The Princess said, No!!! And the Prince lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and banged skinny long-legged big-titted broads and hunted and fished and raced cars and went to naked bars and dated women half his age and drank whiskey, beer and Captain Morgan and never heard bitching and never paid child support or alimony and banged cheerleaders and kept his house and guns and ate spam and potato chips and beans and blew enormous farts and never got cheated on while he was at work and all his friends and family thought he was frikin cool as hell and he had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up.
*The end. :D :D

·
Banned
4,421 Posts
My brother has been through it twice...suks for everybody. Do you have a military lawyer? One important thing is you DO NOT let her move with the kids out of state or 75miles or so. If your gunna fight for anything fight for that & try to settle on a decent visitation schedule. Also, I wonder if you could sign over your bike to somebody with the agreement after everything is settled, the bike would be returned to you.???

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
this should be your guiding principle;

a male fairy tale*
once upon a time, a prince asked a beautiful princess, will you marry me? The princess said, no!!! And the prince lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and banged skinny long-legged big-titted broads and hunted and fished and raced cars and went to naked bars and dated women half his age and drank whiskey, beer and captain morgan and never heard bitching and never paid child support or alimony and banged cheerleaders and kept his house and guns and ate spam and potato chips and beans and blew enormous farts and never got cheated on while he was at work and all his friends and family thought he was frikin cool as hell and he had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up.
*the end. :d :d

hahahahah nice!!!

·
Throttle Happy!
797 Posts
A F%&KING MEN TO THAT.

Choose to be single at 47, wow I guess my life is a freakin Fairy Tale.

But to all that it's not, hang in there and never give up the good fight!

This should be your guiding principle;

A Male Fairy Tale*
Once upon a time, a Prince asked a beautiful Princess, Will you marry me? The Princess said, No!!! And the Prince lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and banged skinny long-legged big-titted broads and hunted and fished and raced cars and went to naked bars and dated women half his age and drank whiskey, beer and Captain Morgan and never heard bitching and never paid child support or alimony and banged cheerleaders and kept his house and guns and ate spam and potato chips and beans and blew enormous farts and never got cheated on while he was at work and all his friends and family thought he was frikin cool as hell and he had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up.
*The end. :D :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jesus.. I laugh my ass off everytime I read that!!! Well, still getting a divorce but trying to work out terms for an uncontested one.. so might just get to keep my horse after all!!! Which is awesome cuz ive been riding the shit out of her! And im still in love! Jammin out to Journey and Gotye and Lil Wayne, blasting down the coast... I know.. What kind of variety is that?!? Hahaha

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey, same boat I was in several years ago. Had a bike (luckily not a Harley) got divorced and had to sell it to re-coup lawyer fee's. I feel for ya and hopefully you will get a bite on your bike!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts