Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want to flip my mirrors on the 2012 NRS...I'm sick of seeing my shoulders. I'm hardly a mechanic, but I can follow clear directions. Is there a "how-to" available, or would someone be so kind as to do a step-by-step?

I'm assuming the turn signals will have to be relocated to the fork...but that seems to be a problem with the 2012 having inverted forks now.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
I did this mod this year. I ordered 2 black acorn nuts from HD. The new road glides have black acorn nuts on their mirrors. Then I used a 1/2" wide piece of flat steel and drilled a hole in each end.I rounded both sides too. Once the mirror is flipped I put the piece of flat steel so it would be under the master cylinder/lever mount and then put the acorn on top. Then I just used a bolt that fits into the light and it is hung below from the front of the handlebar. I think the acorns cost $13.

And you can see way better!

·
Registered
268 Posts
I did this mod this year. I ordered 2 black acorn nuts from HD. The new road glides have black acorn nuts on their mirrors. Then I used a 1/2" wide piece of flat steel and drilled a hole in each end.I rounded both sides too. Once the mirror is flipped I put the piece of flat steel so it would be under the master cylinder/lever mount and then put the acorn on top. Then I just used a bolt that fits into the light and it is hung below from the front of the handlebar. I think the acorns cost $13.

And you can see way better!
Could you post a pic of this?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts