Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the oppportunity to ride a 2011 DXA today. A nice bike but after approximately 100 miles in the saddle I would still keep my R model over it. At every stop I felt like I was on a pitbike. The low speed flop is very evident and I can drag pegs in the parking lot. It is a great bike just does not fit my needs.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
I had the oppportunity to ride a 2011. DXA today. A nice bike but after approximately. 100 miles in the saddle I would still keep my R model over it. At every stop I felt like,, I was on a pitbike. The low speed flop is very evindent.and I can drag pegs in the parking lot. It is a great bike just does not fit my needs
Nuff said and very well put. I do wish the other V-Rods had more lean.

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Nuff said and very well put. I do wish the other V-Rods had more lean.
Blimey! Every time I say that you accuse me of waging a one man war against Harley!

·
The Big Bad Wolf
301 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
hahaha

i wish they did too - but i love the look. it's all a tradeoff

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
I find that if you can keep the suspension from collapsing in the corners there's a reasonable amount of lean available. With Progressive springs in the front and the SmoothRides well aired up I don't even drag my pipes any more. Much. But I do feel every piece of gravel and paint stripe on the road.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I find that if you can keep the suspension from collapsing in the corners there's a reasonable amount of lean available. With Progressive springs in the front and the SmoothRides well aired up I don't even drag my pipes any more. Much. But I do feel every piece of gravel and paint stripe on the road.
i have found that as well, i can now lean much further (as evidence by my smaller chicken strips) after i put on 440 HD rear progressive shocks and stock heights front progressive springs.....still drag occasionally though, too used to sport bikes

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Those Heavy Duty Progressives 440's Really Do change the Bikes Handling, Feel etc....

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
32 degrees is the max without scraping- if that. Great shocks or no. You can go to 13"ers and gain a bit.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Why call it a DXA? Is there a differance between a DX and a DXA?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
abs

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
32 degrees is the max without scraping- if that. Great shocks or no. You can go to 13"ers and gain a bit.
32 degrees is the lean angle with the suspension fully compressed...Manufacturers have to give lean angle as a worst case with bottomed out suspension...that's the point he's making. With stiffer shocks, the suspension doesn't fully compress going around fast corners, which means you have a few more degrees before you touch something down.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
32 degrees is the lean angle with the suspension fully compressed...Manufacturers have to give lean angle as a worst case with bottomed out suspension...that's the point he's making. With stiffer shocks, the suspension doesn't fully compress going around fast corners, which means you have a few more degrees before you touch something down.
Yes, I ran the heavy dutys on my other V but they were to damn stiff.

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
You might get away with it with better damping. These Ricor Intimmmm whatists sound very interesting.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts