Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Retired N Loving It!
6,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Glencoe website is up and it has been completely modified for the coming year. The camping wristband will cost $150, if you purchase it early (limited time to purchase) and it will cost you $200 if you wait until after the special goes off. I have already purchased my wristband.

I am going to do this again in 2011, join the party if you can. The information will be the same as last year. See you there!

·
Retired N Loving It!
6,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Same place next year, I will be arriving early again.

·
Registered
415 Posts

Seems like 2010 was a blast and maybe just maybe if the economic situation changes I will get there for the first time . I WILL get there sooner or later , I just hope its sooner .keep up the good work Dave.

Cheers

Moto

·
Retired N Loving It!
6,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keep up with the thread to find out how to keep the costs low. It isn't as expensive as most think if you camp at the right place. Costs and activities were discussed last year at length, there are definitely advantages to knowing about where you are going before you get there.

·
Retired N Loving It!
6,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2011 Reservations confirmed! $150 for the early bird special, $200 at the gate.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:broke:

Moto

·
Retired N Loving It!
6,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ONLY
161 DAYS LEFT
THEN PARTY!!

I should be there in 153 days
same time same area as last year​

·
Registered
415 Posts
Lottery still has not come good . Positive mental attitude now required from all .

Moto

·
Retired N Loving It!
6,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like we will all be depending on the lottery this year. Everything that we have to buy is costing much more than it did last year, and the economy just keeps going down hill.

·
day dreaming...
1,795 Posts
I went last year, met up with the gang and camp at Glencoe. Dave makes killer breakfast! :notworth:

too early to tell if I can get away for 2 weeks again this year, but looking forward to doing it again!

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
Pacemaker installed

Thanks for the count Dave! See ya up there somewheres as long as the old ticker keeps workin'. Had to get a battery installed 'bout a month ago! Doing well now<:D

·
Retired N Loving It!
6,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looking forward to the trip. I should be in the same general location as last year.

·
Registered
93 Posts
im gonna try and make it up there from here in socal.

·
Youngest VRODDER
265 Posts
Any cheap places to stay? I will be going down with possibly 2 trucks and 2 trailers (1-24' and 1-16'). A total of 5 guys but a place with 2 beds will be fine. We don't care where we sleep and would willingly camp if the grounds had a place to shower. Cheap is good but central location is the most important thing.

Leaving Mass August 4th. Hopefully be in The area on the 6th. Leaving SD on the August 14th.

·
Retired N Loving It!
6,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Any cheap places to stay? I will be going down with possibly 2 trucks and 2 trailers (1-24' and 1-16'). A total of 5 guys but a place with 2 beds will be fine. We don't care where we sleep and would willingly camp if the grounds had a place to shower. Cheap is good but central location is the most important thing.

Leaving Mass August 4th. Hopefully be in The area on the 6th. Leaving SD on the August 14th.
Glencoe is about the best in the area for price and activity. If you schedule now, you can get in for $150 per head. There are three major showers on the grounds, and the place is kept clean, there are also three to four places to buy beer and food. The main pavilion has four live bands each day at no cost and there is a full service bar and restaurant in the facility. Lots of activities going on there.

The Full Throttle Saloon is right across the road from the camp ground, and If you want to pay to see a major band play at The Buffalo Chip, you can get into there at the going price for the day.

There is a ton of information in the 2010 thread, you might read through there.

For more specific information, give me a shout, I will be there with my toy hauler and all of the amenities including a 20' x 20' tent that will be front and center on party row. I plan on arriving around 28 July and I will stay till the bitter end, then I will head out for the next rally.

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
wife confirmed it... we're going!!!

·
Youngest VRODDER
265 Posts
How many forum members stay at Glencoe? Does anyone know what kind of site I will need for 2 trucks and 2 trailers. I have been trying to contact them but have not had any luck. I do not need power but if it is available it would be easier than bringing a generator. Thanks for the help guys, see you all there.

·
Retired N Loving It!
6,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How many forum members stay at Glencoe? Does anyone know what kind of site I will need for 2 trucks and 2 trailers. I have been trying to contact them but have not had any luck. I do not need power but if it is available it would be easier than bringing a generator. Thanks for the help guys, see you all there.
I should be arriving on or about the 28th of July for the Sturgis Rally. I have stayed at Glencoe since 2005 and it is a catch as catch can type of affair for parking, first come first serve. Two trucks and two trailers should not be a problem. Let me know when you will be arriving and I will try to put up something that will hold space for you. A generator would be recommended if you have one there is no electrical power for the campers if you are next to party row. Now if you wish to purchase a camp site with electrical power, they are available but the price starts at about $450 and goes up from there. If you are just driving trucks and dragging trailers (even toy haulers) the price is $150 per person if you get your money in early, otherwise it will cost you $200 at the gate. Last year we had about 30 people show up and we had no problem getting them all in.

I will have my toy hauler there along with a 20' X 20' cover plus at least one 10' X 10' popup. I will be spread out as much as I can to occupy space for as many as we can get into the area. I will be right next to PARTY ROW!
Keep in touch.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts