Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2010 v rod F .... put post on here cause more DX riders out there ..... i have a nail in my rear tire and am yet to get it looked at and ,if its stuffed was thinking of the new michelin thats on the 2011 models and wanted to see what the verdict was on them !! Cheers in advance . Paul

·
Registered
164 Posts
michelin makes a good tire. its much better than the stock dunlop. you may also like the metzler. if you get the michelin you wont be sorry and you will feel a difference. my advise would be to change both the front and rear to really get the full effect of the michelin. but either way you should like it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a 2011 VRSCDX, coming off years of other Harleys.

I only have 1000K on my NRS - but the tyres perform extremely well. They are particularly sticky and good in the wet as you expect.

I imagine they will wear quicker that a Dunlop. But I would definately replace them with same once worn regardless of price.

Important choice tyres, I'd recommend them for 240 shod V Rods.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
I have a 2011 VRSCDX, coming off years of other Harleys.

I only have 1000K on my NRS - but the tyres perform extremely well. They are particularly sticky and good in the wet as you expect.

I imagine they will wear quicker that a Dunlop. But I would definately replace them with same once worn regardless of price.

Important choice tyres, I'd recommend them for 240 shod V Rods.
Why do you suspect they will wear quicker tha the dunlops?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just Installed the Michellins from the dealer. Much better grip and stability of the bike on curves and at high speed. Apart there so much better looking than the Dunlops. A lot more expensive also, but totally worth it.

·
Registered
130 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
The michelins are a good tire. Rode on pavement, gravel, grass. They are good on the wet pavement. Just be careful if you pull the bike on wet grass. I kinda tore the yard up a little cause my skinny ass couldn't push it back out of the driveway. They are a real good tire but are pricey.

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Repaired correctly your rear tire will be fine. But because its such a PIA to remove from the rim its almost cost effective to replace it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts