Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone explain to me why the 2011 models are showing to be only $14k+ on the site for the night rod and vrod muscle? I see some used ones being priced at $17k plus. It also has the 2010 models priced higher? I'm new here so tell me what I missed.:hidesbeh:

Thanks

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
HD lowered the MSRP for model year 2011.
Used bikes may have a lot of mods ($$$) on them. Used bike sellers can ask whatever price they want, it doesn't mean they will always get it.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Supply and demand....
Most Harleys are priced lower than past years due to the market. The past couple of years many of those arrogant dealerships that gouged us while talking about the Harley resale value have been left with lots o' inventory.

I took a beating on a Road King but it took 5 years to take that beating, I feel bad for those that bought last year. They're gonna be walkin' funny for a while:spank:

If possible buy used and avoid the initial hit.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not seeing many used HD VROD muscle bikes in black for sale for much less than the 14.k HD wants

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Most people who try and sell their bikes are Delusional and some are down right stupid. Go look at some of the Horrendous Creations that people have created in the Classifieds here and on eBay and you will see. They love the "Like New" (No its used). The thing is Most dummies take on 5 year loans etc.. (Aka "They cannot really Afford the item they are buying) and when a year goes by and they look and still owe More than what the bike was ever worth they flip out so they try and sell it, at 1st for a little more than they owe thinking they got something "Special" than they realize No and try and sell it for wat they owe on it, Well by this time its over a year old etc.. Than they start wit the Angry posts about "I cannot believe no one wants this great deal, I went to HD and boiught these bolt on myself blah blah blah!!!"
I hated the piles of Shit I had to go through looking for my used bike but I eventually found it. It takes time but it will happen.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I'm not seeing many used HD VROD muscle bikes in black for sale for much less than the 14.k HD wants
Many of them owe more than a new bike goes for so you won't. You may have to buy new if the Muscle is your preference.

Good Luck with your search:cheers:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Most people who try and sell their bikes are Delusional and some are down right stupid. Go look at some of the Horrendous Creations that people have created in the Classifieds here and on eBay and you will see. They love the "Like New" (No its used). The thing is Most dummies take on 5 year loans etc.. (Aka "They cannot really Afford the item they are buying) and when a year goes by and they look and still owe More than what the bike was ever worth they flip out so they try and sell it, at 1st for a little more than they owe thinking they got something "Special" than they realize No and try and sell it for wat they owe on it, Well by this time its over a year old etc.. Than they start wit the Angry posts about "I cannot believe no one wants this great deal, I went to HD and boiught these bolt on myself blah blah blah!!!"
I hated the piles of Shit I had to go through looking for my used bike but I eventually found it. It takes time but it will happen.
Dave when does the paint get put on yours! :hidesbeh:

·
Another Aussie
91 Posts
This statement by Lux is doubly true for a lot of second hand sellers here in Australia. They seem to think a five year old bike with an aftermarket exhaust and some chrome mirrors is worth as much as a new one. Sometimes they even want more than that! I am continually amazed at what they are asking. I wonder what their "special" bike actually sells for and whether a sucker is indeed born every minute!:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts