Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the dealer and they had a new 11 NiteRod in Sedona Orange. It was a nice color. I could see the ghost flames in the black stripes. The black on the exhaust pieces were more of a smooth satin black instead of the rough flat black of the earlier models. I also noticed that the rims had a machined stripe around the bead instead of the red painted stripe. They had a tag on it for $16300.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Good to know I am going to stop by the dealer today to se if thy have one. Very interested in these new finishes.

·
Ride safe!
680 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,900 Posts
The price sounds about right if this bike has the ABS/Security package.

Did it have a grey frame like the 3D mock up on the H-D web sight, or did they make another non-existent color combo on there again? (Granted, they do have a disclaimer on the page about "vehicles depicted may differ from vehicles manufactured and delivered".) Just wondering because I think it potentially looks really sharp with this frame color. Helps each of the motor, frame, and tins stand out, while still going together.

Attachments

·
boo
5,211 Posts
man, a flat/denim orange version of this bike would have me pulling out my wallet

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did it have a grey frame like the 3D mock up on the H-D web sight, or did they make another non-existent color combo on there again? (Granted, they do have a disclaimer on the page about "vehicles depicted may differ from vehicles manufactured and delivered".) Just wondering because I think it potentially looks really sharp with this frame color. Helps each of the motor, frame, and tins stand out, while still going together.
The frame is a nice solid gloss black. Actually, the frame on the HD website is black, the lighting they used makes it look gray. I know the forks are black and those sort of look gray also. Not a very good picture on the HD site. In person though is another story.

·
Premium Member
2,900 Posts
I kind of figured the frame would be black. Actually, I think many of the "photos" of the bikes on the HD site are CAD renderings. I just thought it was odd that they had a grey frame since they haven't done that before. Here's another "shot" where you can clearly see that they're indicating a grey frame, and water hose too. I really like this (non existent) combo though.

Attachments

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
I kind of figured the frame would be black. Actually, I think many of the "photos" of the bikes on the HD site are CAD renderings. I just thought it was odd that they had a grey frame since they haven't done that before. Here's another "shot" where you can clearly see that they're indicating a grey frame, and water hose too. I really like this (non existent) combo though.
There is something about it I agree.

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
I just saw the same bike in the silver with the black ghost flame stripe. Was a really good combo

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Saw the Yellow One today, The Pipes are Now Satin Black instead of what the Used to look like and its 100% better. There was a Used DX sitting next to it and those Header Pipes looked like a Grill and the bike only had 4000 miles on it. Looked Great in Yellow, looked like an Old Night Rod and the Machined Silver stripe around the wheels is great.

Attachments

·
Dean
775 Posts
So, where exactly are the "ghost flames"?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just got back from the dealer and they had a new 11 NiteRod in Sedona Orange. It was a nice color. I could see the ghost flames in the black stripes. The black on the exhaust pieces were more of a smooth satin black instead of the rough flat black of the earlier models. I also noticed that the rims had a machined stripe around the bead instead of the red painted stripe. They had a tag on it for $16300.
I also saw one in Sedona Orange at my local HD. The ghost flames and the Sedona Orange color was very nice. I was hoping it had the new LED headlight installed so I could check it out, but no such luck. The price tag was $15,389 on the bike. Did yours have ABS/Security?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I didnt notice if it had ABS/Sec. But I did check the headlight. No LED.

·
VRSCD
1,012 Posts
Saw the Yellow One today...
Yea but could you really see yourself on one. I mean you would now have to say you ride a NightRod Special as opposed to a Vrod. Won't that be a major foul in the Lux handbook of cool? What about riding a painted bike (even though we have pictures of you on a painted iron). Won't that get you thrown out of your A-Club?

:hidesbeh:

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Yea but could you really see yourself on one. I mean you would now have to say you ride a NightRod Special as opposed to a Vrod. Won't that be a major foul in the Lux handbook of cool? What about riding a painted bike (even though we have pictures of you on a painted iron). Won't that get you thrown out of your A-Club?

I think we can call the orange and yellow ones V-Rods, the "A-Club" can have them! :angeldev:

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts

Yes I would have to Resign from the Board of Directors of the Anodized Nation and Yes I would than say its a Night Rod Special or a DX when asked what it is. You are correct that the yellow might be a bit much for me personally, But if the New Black ones are just as good with the machines wheels and new exhaust finish I would see mo on one no problem. I would put Aluminum Wheels on the Black bike though.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts