Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2011 NRS and am planning on doing the VMOD exhaust mods with the power commander. Does anyone have this set up? I know the dealer says the PCV is a "no no" and that you should only do the SERT but how the hell can you trust the dealer when all they are looking to do is make money off of you. I am looking to hear from anyone that has had the power commander on their bike and how their bike has reacted. If you have the VMod exhaust I would love to hear from you also, thanks.

·
06 Night Rod
385 Posts
I've been running the PCIII on mine for three years with no problems. I am running D&D fatcat 2-1. I had drilled pipes before that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mods

Thanks for the quick response, that's what I thought. Isn't the SERT just like a PCV. I mean it's not like a thundermax that constantly tunes the bike correct?

·
Road rash hurts!!!!
191 Posts
got pcv on mine with no autotune

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Getting off the subject a bit here but is there a mini sissy bar that fits the 240 fender base plate. You know the one I am talking about that is real small and has an approximate 2-3 inch pad. I have seen it in chrome and usually on the base plate for the smaller tire night rods but not on the 240.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts

·
Vic Jacoby
1,459 Posts
I like my vmods, but mine was EFI mapped.

·
Registered
181 Posts

·
Vic Jacoby
1,459 Posts
Man, I have no idea. It was already done by Ricosuave when I bought his bike early this year.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
I have a 06 D and my brother in law as a '10 DX and we both running the Power Commander PCV without a problem.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Clarks. Just drill your inside your pipes louden the sound a little and doesn't hurt the bike

·
Wick
546 Posts
Getting off the subject a bit here but is there a mini sissy bar that fits the 240 fender base plate. You know the one I am talking about that is real small and has an approximate 2-3 inch pad. I have seen it in chrome and usually on the base plate for the smaller tire night rods but not on the 240.
Yep I have it on mine, the book says it wont fit but it does. It wont fit flush at the front behind seat small gap. Check mine out in the thread below.

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144279

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yep I have it on mine, the book says it wont fit but it does. It wont fit flush at the front behind seat small gap. Check mine out in the thread below.

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144279

This is what I am telling the dealer:chair: but he keeps telling me you will need to modify it:chainsaw:...... I will be going tomorrow and getting it:moped:. Do you happen to have the part number????

Also your elliminated the rear blinkers and part of the number plate assembly where did you order all the parts from I want to get this look as well:broke:.

Thanks

·
Registered
136 Posts
This is what I am telling the dealer:chair: but he keeps telling me you will need to modify it:chainsaw:...... I will be going tomorrow and getting it:moped:. Do you happen to have the part number????

Also your elliminated the rear blinkers and part of the number plate assembly where did you order all the parts from I want to get this look as well:broke:.

Thanks
Part Number is 52759-04 if anyone is interested:dance:

·
Wick
546 Posts

Thanks
The Tail Light I bought off ebay here is one,

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HARLEY-DAVID...27?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item5196c3910b

The number plate assembly (Dogs Ass) I just trimmed all the excess plastic off from around the plate. Hope this helps.

·
Wick
546 Posts

Thanks

I see you got the part no:

·
Registered
136 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all the info. Got the V-Mod exhaust mod and my PCV and had it dynoed. Bike runs great now and doesn't sound like a lawn mower anymore. Surprised me on how loud it got, Steve at V-Mod said it would have a deep V-8 rumble, boy! he wasn't kidding. I will be getting the fender base plate today (51220-07) and the mini pad (52759-04) hope it fits ok.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts