Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when you first go to the VRSC family of bikes on the H-D website and click the Muscle, it comes up with a pic that says "The menacing look of a raging bull blended with the peak performance of 125 thoroughbred racehorses."

But then when you go to the VRSCF info page and go to Key Features>>Iconic Engine>>Revolution Engine Innovation it says that its rated at 122 hp.

So which is it? I realize that the difference between 122 and 125 hp is pretty negligible, but I'm just curious what H-D is claiming for the "official" number.

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha touche. Isn't there some law that says that they have to meet some percentage of the factory-touted number? What if the dealer I pick it up from dynos it and its only like 110 or something? Are they on the hook to get it up to 122 or 125?

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
No, I think that number is at the motor not at the rear wheel. The 110 is probably a more realistic number.

·
In the Shark Tank!!!
1,633 Posts
Truth in Advertising... :banghead:

·
In the Shark Tank!!!
1,633 Posts
So the real question is does HD remove the tranny from the REVO engine to do the SAE HP testing?

·
Throttle Happy!
797 Posts
No, I think that number is at the motor not at the rear wheel. The 110 is probably a more realistic number.
Most commonly used term is "at the crank", motor same thing.

Stock numbers I've heard of are anywhere between 105HP to 108HP dynoed and at the rear wheel.

If it was pushing 125HP at the rear tire stock it would feel like a whole different bike I can assure you!

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Most commonly used term is "at the crank", motor same thing.

Stock numbers I've heard of are anywhere between 105HP to 108HP dynoed and at the rear wheel.

If it was pushing 125HP at the rear tire stock it would feel like a whole different bike I can assure you!
Yeah, I don't know what riding a 125 hp bike feels like.

·
Rob
85 Posts
Yeah, I don't know what riding a 125 hp bike feels like.
It feels good,mines 128bhp at the back wheel compared to 104bhp when i picked it up new in dec 08.It has SE tuner,VH slipons,,stage 2 cams and airbox kit that comes with it,barnett clutch,metzlers,works shocks

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
It feels good,mines 128bhp at the back wheel compared to 104bhp when i picked it up new in dec 08.It has SE tuner,VH slipons,,stage 2 cams and airbox kit that comes with it,barnett clutch,metzlers,works shocks
yeah I skipped passed 125 and never looked back.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
It is 3:00 in the afternoon. If you click on my name above my avatar you should be able to view my gallery from there. The pics are pretty old, but the motor is still the same.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I owned a Rocket 3 (modded) and that ran 156 rear wheel and now have my Muscle.
With the add ons i wouldnt think mine isn't putting out anymore than 110 but hard to compare against the torque of a Rocket.

I rode a Trask Turbo'd NRS 2 weeks ago, Brand new with only 7 LB of boost due to a new bike and that felt about the same as the Rocket did.

Guy who owned it told me the guy who sold/built it up for him rated it 180 RWHP at 9LB boost which i thought was wank.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
I owned a Rocket 3 (modded) and that ran 156 rear wheel and now have my Muscle.
With the add ons i wouldnt think mine isn't putting out anymore than 110 but hard to compare against the torque of a Rocket.

I rode a Trask Turbo'd NRS 2 weeks ago, Brand new with only 7 LB of boost due to a new bike and that felt about the same as the Rocket did.

Guy who owned it told me the guy who sold/built it up for him rated it 180 RWHP at 9LB boost which i thought was wank.
Dynos Vary, however most run 8 lbs here, like I said, most but not all. 180 may be a little of a stretch but hard to tell.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts