Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

What is your favorite new color scheme on the 2011 DX?

• Brilliant Silver Pearl / Black Racing Stripe with Ghost Flames

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • Chrome Yellow / Black Racing Stripe with Ghost Flames

Votes: 22 11.9%
  • Sedona Orange / Black Racing Stripe with Ghost Flames

Votes: 36 19.5%
  • Black Demin / Black Racing Stripe with Ghost Flames

Votes: 103 55.7%
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,318 Posts
I'm kinda liking the Silver pearl - have to see it in person tho.

·
INCONCEIVABLE!
1,529 Posts
I'll have to reserve judgement until I see what the definition of "Ghost Flames" is ...

I read Ghost Flames and I picture the lameness that Harley usually mixes with their flame work ... nothing about it sounds good

IMO that yellow and orange are horrible ... but what do I know ... hah

·
Registered
119 Posts
I am still favoring the black denim. As the name "Nightrod" implies, this bike should be a dark color. Don't think, HD will do good with the brighter color schemes. I would not have bought the DX, if it wasn't available in black.

Agreed. The Nightrod Special should only come in black. Period.

·
To punish & enslave
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've got a demin black myself...and I have to say the orange is catching my eye a bit.

I agree though, black > all. I really want to see the ghost flames as well.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I'll have to reserve judgement until I see what the definition of "Ghost Flames" is ...

I read Ghost Flames and I picture the lameness that Harley usually mixes with their flame work ... nothing about it sounds good

IMO that yellow and orange are horrible ... but what do I know ... hah
Go to key features, and go to about page 3. The flames are actually in the racing stripes. I dont know if I like that or not. Seems overdone.

IMO, they gave the DX line one big F U. The best color is denim/black stripes and they havent offered it in two years now. What in gods name kind of sales tactic is that? Go find a used one?

The 11 DX colors are shit, and if I can see alot of custom tin work being done to rid of them.

Even the F, got pretty stooged. Denim White definately could look cool loaded with chrome tho.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Still like the black the best but the orange and Yellow look pretty good.

·
boredom kills
2,322 Posts
All of them actually, buy what you want. I am just glad they did not discontinue the line. It is disappointing they did not do anything different withis engine, as in a new model.

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,147 Posts

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
IMO, they gave the DX line one big F U. The best color is denim/black stripes and they havent offered it in two years now. What in gods name kind of sales tactic is that? Go find a used one?

The 11 DX colors are shit, and if I can see alot of custom tin work being done to rid of them.
Why will it take a lot of custom work?Flat black is cheap,99 cents a can where I buy it.Shouldn't take more than 2 cans to denim one up for ya.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts