Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer meeting starts today, but I'm not sure when the new bikes are launched.

Not expecting anything full of surprises, but I am curious to see if they're replacing the Buell Blast with an HD bike.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The dealer meeting starts today, but I'm not sure when the new bikes are launched.

Not expecting anything full of surprises, but I am curious to see if they're replacing the Buell Blast with an HD bike.
My understanding is that the new stuff should be on the HD website sometime mid-day tomorrow.

I wouldnt expect too much, I have seen the color book indicating what models have what colors available and didnt see any new model letters. except that the maybe the low rider is coming back.

Night rod special is going to have a bright yellow option, I figure if it is still going to have the black frame/wheels, this thing is going to look like a giant bumblebee going down the street.:barf:

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
The best "Side Show of Comical Whimsy " is always what the Blind people in the HD CVO division come up with for those bikes. Ugliest and dopiest are always what is on the menu. Maybe that "Handsome' Bright Yellow option will return. Or amybe more "HellFire Flames" Arrrrrr I'm a Pirate with my Factory Hellfire flames and my Bikes for Jesus patches Arrr........"

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
2011 & ole yeller

:popcorn

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I wouldnt expect too much, I have seen the color book indicating what models have what colors available and didnt see any new model letters. except that the maybe the low rider is coming back.

I've seen it as well and the interesting thing I noticed is that there was no AW models only black frame models.....

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
Possibly a dark burnt red.....

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
I've seen it as well and the interesting thing I noticed is that there was no AW models only black frame models.....

Thats a good thing, after the initial 02-03 models anything with a Silver frame was Usually very difficult to look at, Teal, Yellow silver speck etc... No thank you.

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
The Sedona Orange color for the DXs looks awesome. Can't wait to see it on a bike, just wish it was available on the muscle :-(

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
if you all will remember to WAY back when the DX came out, it was not listed in the color book before the meeting either....so, if there are 'new' models (and i use the term 'new' very loosly with HD) they won't necessarily show up in the color book.

that being said, my friend left for vegas this morning for the dealershow...he is not expecting anything new for the v-rod line, only that the AW is gone.

I bet we'll see a road glide ultra, that's my prediction. because HD doesn't have enough RV models in their lineup...yet!

·
Banned
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Has anybody heard for sure, not just paint codes, that the AW is gone? I heard its still going to be offered. This is from a PDC person.

·
2007 D
3,130 Posts
The best "Side Show of Comical Whimsy " is always what the Blind people in the HD CVO division come up with for those bikes. Ugliest and dopiest are always what is on the menu. Maybe that "Handsome' Bright Yellow option will return. Or amybe more "HellFire Flames" Arrrrrr I'm a Pirate with my Factory Hellfire flames and my Bikes for Jesus patches Arrr........"
:eek::spit:

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
i heard it was gone gone gone

though, the same source said that doesn't mean there won't be a "chrome" version or one with a silver frame...it's just not going to be the 'AW'. Remember in 2007, when everyone freaked that the 'A' model was gone? well, the 'AW' showed up which is just an updated 'A' model so we don't really know if they are just doing that again this time around. We'll know tomorrow

·
Premium Member
11,282 Posts
Has anybody heard for sure, not just paint codes, that the AW is gone? I heard its still going to be offered. This is from a PDC person.
I just received a pamphlet from my local Dealer featuring 30 bikes in the promotion with pictures of each one. This was a H-D pamphlet with a crude dealer stamp on it along with some coupons good for $5.00 off a tee shirt purchase among other things.

The only V-Rod in the pamphlet was the Muscle, No AW, no DX.

·
Registered
568 Posts
No news scoops? Someone got to the muscle early--no cell phone pics anywhere??

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Read this elsewhere...
the following bikes will not be brought back in 2011

XL1200C Sportster® 1200 Custom
XR1200 (The XR1200X model launched internationally in 2010MY will replace the XR1200)
FXD Dyna® Super Glide®
FXSTC Softail® Custom
VRSCAW V-Rod®

that is all.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Good those terrible out dated Sporsters will stop being manufactured and instead the Nighters and Irons etc... Will be the line up.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts