Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

201 - 220 of 224 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
I'm going to bring some Boudin for a little fireside snack one evening. Need something to counter act the alcohol hullucinations we'll have of the Big Foot sightings I'm sure.

:eek: :hidesbeh: :hiding:
People spend lot's of time and money to see bigfoot and never see him. You guy's were lucky!

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
He's talking about big foot and sausage in the same sentence....:hidesbeh:
Bigfoot sausage is like deer sausage, but much bigger.

·
Dog In Training
1,514 Posts
He's talking about big foot and sausage in the same sentence....:hidesbeh:
Boudin isn't sausage......and I never seen Big Foot's sausage and hope I never do! :cheers:

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
you really don't wanna know what boudin is.. just know that it is good..

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts
you really don't wanna know what boudin is.. just know that it is good..
:them: It's kinda like a coonass hotdog.

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
Boudin isn't sausage......and I never seen Big Foot's sausage and hope I never do! :cheers:
You say that now. But you were crying to see it last year.

·
Dog In Training
1,514 Posts
Oh, I thought it was......enlighten me please.
Actually Boudin is defined as a sausage but to me it's really like a link of sausage in looks only. It's encased in the same casing but that's where the similarities stop. What I'm bringing is made of some fine pork meat highly seasoned mixed with rice. No inards or glands used in what I'm bringing. Some of the best I've ever had comes from a shop 5 minutes from my house. I've lived in So. Louisiana for 45 of my 57 years so I've tasted boudin most of my life and can honestly say what I'm bringing is some of the best! I'm sure you will enjoy it.

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
Boudin & Such

MAN! It's gonna have to go some to be better than from Charlie's Meat Market in Mamou - their red is outta this world - and the crawfish boudin, andouille, and head cheese from Bourgeois's in Thibodaux are somethin' special, yeah. Now if we could just talk someone from waaay down the 'Chafalaya to swing by LeJeune's Bakery in Jeanerette and stock up on French bread and ginger cakes we'd be eatin', us.

·
Dog In Training
1,514 Posts
MAN! It's gonna have to go some to be better than from Charlie's Meat Market in Mamou - their red is outta this world - and the crawfish boudin, andouille, and head cheese from Bourgeois's in Thibodaux are somethin' special, yeah. Now if we could just talk someone from waaay down the 'Chafalaya to swing by LeJeune's Bakery in Jeanerette and stock up on French bread and ginger cakes we'd be eatin', us.
Had some beef jerky from Bourgeois's in Thibodaux before. It was mi-ti-fine for sure!

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
Never can remember which is which, but either Bourgeois's or LeJeune's has been there since 1890-something and the other since 1880-something, best I recall. That is, of course, if Katrina didn't blow 'em away.

·
Retired N Loving It!
6,454 Posts
201 - 220 of 224 Posts