Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at moving into a VROD Muscle and really like the looks of the Black Denim but the sticker was over $17 and was only a 2010 model but now for 2011 the Muscle is sticker at just over $14k but no Black Denim. Question is go new with the 2011 or will price on left over 2010's come down or what are people seeing or hearing?

·
boredom kills
2,324 Posts
Just tell the dealer that he should be discounting last years model to something less than this years MSRP because it is old and see what kind of response you you get. You should be looking at something like 13.8

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
:them: If not, find another dealer that actually WANTS your business.

·
Registered
164 Posts
the dealer will be flexible on that price but he is not going to volunteer it. there are lots of people out there that are not aware the 2011 models are cheaper. so dealers wait for people like this and stick it to them. but for those that have the knowledge. you can easily walk into a dealership and set your own price for any left over models. just have your money ready. you may be better off getting a 2011. it comes with better tires and you have a 2011. if you are set on the black denim then i guess you need to do some negotiating. good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm currently doing my research and hoping to switch from a crotch-rocket (R6) to a cruiser (V-rod muscle). The 2011's will have a lower MSRP. Checking the used market prices and they are more than what a brand new v-rod will be. It doesn't make any sense to buy a used one for the same price, if not more, than a new one. Is this going to screw the current owners and drive down their v-rod value?

·
boredom kills
2,324 Posts
I'm currently doing my research and hoping to switch from a crotch-rocket (R6) to a cruiser (V-rod muscle). The 2011's will have a lower MSRP. Checking the used market prices and they are more than what a brand new v-rod will be. It doesn't make any sense to buy a used one for the same price, if not more, than a new one. Is this going to screw the current owners and drive down their v-rod value?
Probably not these bikes loose a ton of value the second they come off the showroom floor. The only guys loosing are the dealers with leftovers.

Does anyone know if HD does something for the dealers who are stuck with 2010 leftovers?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts