Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my muscle brand new and currently have 711 miles on her. K&N filter, screaming eagle tuner, tab performance pipes. She doesn't burn any oil, runs and sounds great. I just got back from a 111 mile ride. She calculates about 19 1/2 miles to the gallon.

I waiting to get a 1000 miles on her for a complete tune, and oil change. Should I be worried on the fuel mileage or is this normal? What the best oil everyone is recommending? Meaning do I go synthetic like HD syn 3 or just keep using the regular HD 20w 50w until I get some more miles on her say around the 2,000 mark.

What's was the mileage when everyone notice your muscle starting to loosen up? First time Harley owner!!:notworth:

Thanks,
Ray

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
That mileage is got to the worst I've heard of. sounds like you definitely need to review the map on your SERT. Even when I ride my 1130 hard, I still get 28.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Agree on the re-map. You should be getting better than that...

I'm sure there are as many opinions on the oil as members here, but I did a ~500 mile oil change with dino and plan to go with AMSOIL at the 1k service and beyond.

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
Mobile 1 and Amsoil are decent oils. Been using Amsoil myself for 20k.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Amsoil 20w-50!!!!!!!!!!!!

At less then 20 miles to the gallon something is way wrong!!! My 1 ton DRW Crew Cab with 4.10's gets 19.5 mpg.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Perhaps dyno tune remap? I never get below 29mpg but I never get over 32mpg. I have fuelpak, K&N filter, and V&H slip-ons.

·
** Place ad here **
1,460 Posts
I purchased my muscle brand new and currently have 711 miles on her. K&N filter, screaming eagle tuner, tab performance pipes. She doesn't burn any oil, runs and sounds great. I just got back from a 111 mile ride. She calculates about 19 1/2 miles to the gallon.

I waiting to get a 1000 miles on her for a complete tune, and oil change. Should I be worried on the fuel mileage or is this normal? What the best oil everyone is recommending? Meaning do I go synthetic like HD syn 3 or just keep using the regular HD 20w 50w until I get some more miles on her say around the 2,000 mark.

What's was the mileage when everyone notice your muscle starting to loosen up? First time Harley owner!!:notworth:

Thanks,
Ray
I think you may have calculated your mileage wrong....

19.5 mpg x 5 gallons (capacity of tank) only gets you 97.5 miles and then your pushing your bike to the nearest gas station...

Even if you ran the bike dry 111/5 = 23.8. Did you typo the mileage and mean 29.5 mpg?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts