Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is the 2010 msrp 17.999 and the 2011 14,999??????

Seems it would be the other way around. Is there a difference in the 2010 and 2011 modules of the msucle. Also do they not offer the 2011 in matte black?

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
HD has done this in the past, it screws over the resale price for people selling used bikes.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I can see that, sucks for those selling their bikes guess those 80,09, and well used 2010s on ebay for 15to 17000 are well overpriced now. It would save me money but not having the matte black means I will be going with a 2010. :lamer:
HD has done this in the past, it screws over the resale price for people selling used bikes.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well I can see that, sucks for those selling their bikes guess those 80,09, and well used 2010s on ebay for 15to 17000 are well overpriced now. It would save me money but not having the matte black means I will be going with a 2010. :lamer:
Denim Black is still available but only with the Orange racing stripe. 2010 was only available paired with the silver racing stripe.

·
Snapper
1,307 Posts
Denim Black is still available but only with the Orange racing stripe. 2010 was only available paired with the silver racing stripe.
Not only that but all the DX's have ghost flames (i suppose in the stripes)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so basicly they 2010 but with better controls and the bigger tire right? I can not stand the headline on the nighrods.
the DX is the Night Rod Special, The Original Night Rod is no longer made, it had Mid controls and 180 rear wheel.

·
boredom kills
2,310 Posts
any one got a idea if harley would do me a 2011 muscle in the denim black I know they do custom colors?
Just get a couple of cans of barbeque paint from Ace................you be just fine. :rofl:

Actually if you are serious about ording an 11, you should start a thread, "trade any color 2011 F paint set for a denim F paint set" I bet someone with a flat black F might want to switch over to the white denim, orange, yellow.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Just get a couple of cans of barbeque paint from Ace................you be just fine. :rofl:

Actually if you are serious about ording an 11, you should start a thread, "trade any color 2011 F paint set for a denim F paint set" I bet someone with a flat black F might want to switch over to the white denim, orange, yellow.
Will BBQ paint stick to Plastic?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
True, The orange is not to bad but I like black for most vehicles

·
Registered
164 Posts
with the bad economy i think it was HD's way of trying to do their part to aid the hurting economic situation and make it easier for those to afford the bikes they want. perhaps a little influence from Warren Buffet or maybe not. in any regard its a positive. sucks for the resale but hopefully those will be enjoying their bikes and not selling them. if they have to sell them due to personal reasons hopefully they can make up the lose in some way. also a big factor in my opinion is that for the most part lets be honest. all the bikes they make are overpriced. all they did was lower the profit margin for that model by the lower MSRP. i am sure they will more than compensate for that in other areas. in the end, i am sorry for those with prior models years due to the fact they paid more. but its a positive because those that were dreaming of that bike and did not have the 17k to spend on it, now have a chance to own it for less. or take advantage of the lower priced leftovers i am sure we will see. again.. sorry for those that paid more and are trying to sell. glad for those that are looking to purchase a 2011 in the current economic conditions. lets ride.

·
Registered
181 Posts
just bout a 2010 dx for 16599 if i would have wated 2 months i could of got it for 14999
sucks!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thats where I am, the 3k or so will pay for the security system, the HD gps system and a nice leather jacket and pants. :dance:
with the bad economy i think it was HD's way of trying to do their part to aid the hurting economic situation and make it easier for those to afford the bikes they want. perhaps a little influence from Warren Buffet or maybe not. in any regard its a positive. sucks for the resale but hopefully those will be enjoying their bikes and not selling them. if they have to sell them due to personal reasons hopefully they can make up the lose in some way. also a big factor in my opinion is that for the most part lets be honest. all the bikes they make are overpriced. all they did was lower the profit margin for that model by the lower MSRP. i am sure they will more than compensate for that in other areas. in the end, i am sorry for those with prior models years due to the fact they paid more. but its a positive because those that were dreaming of that bike and did not have the 17k to spend on it, now have a chance to own it for less. or take advantage of the lower priced leftovers i am sure we will see. again.. sorry for those that paid more and are trying to sell. glad for those that are looking to purchase a 2011 in the current economic conditions. lets ride.

·
Registered
181 Posts

do they have it in gloss black to put on the mufflers

1 - 20 of 35 Posts