Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Posted this by accident in the wrong group (newbie sigh)...

New to the forums here. I've done some searches and haven't really come up with any solid info...

Sold my bagger last fall. I've been drooling over a 2010 Night Rod Special at my local stealership.

5'5", and forward controls (even the reach ones) just don't seem to me, to make for a comfortable ride on what is essentially a sport bike.

I've seen for other models, where the "D" model mid controls fit, with the replacement of one of the rear motor mounts.

Would PREFER to stick with HD OEM parts for this mod.

Suggestions (shopping list) would be sincerely appreciated. The bike has ABS on it too, as I know that makes a difference for the master cylinder.

Regards,

Rick

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'm usually pretty good at forum searches - can't seem to find the thread with the D to DX mid control parts list.

I'll keep looking though.

If anyone happens to recall the thread where the D to DX mid control mod parts list appears, I'd be real grateful if they would post the link on this thread.

The Rizoma setup is real sweet - for $1,400 retail it had better be.

The more I browse and research, the longer my list of planned mods goes - muscle rod fender, lights & seat - oh wow, that V&H Supercharger looks cool :chair: - and on, and on, and on.

Like so many of us HD owners (even the "supposed" porsche variety), this will rapidly become an obsession. I lucked out with my EGlide, as a close friend was the service manager at a dealer, and I got a 3 page parts list of accessories at 10% over, did that bike up the week I bought it, and was done with accessorizing.

But for right now, I'd just like to make the bike safely & comfortably rideable for my short azz. Won't even contemplate the purchase, until I can get the stealership the parts list to do the control mod.

Again, if someone would be so kind as to point me to the parts list for OEM HD parts for this mod, I'd be eternally grateful...

Regards,

Rick

PS - If anyone doubts I rise to the level of mod-insanity of the best folks here - my old corvette...

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Audible from the line of scrimmage...

Ordered the V-Mod dot com kit today. Arrives tomorrow.

On the way to Petersons HD of Miami. Night Rod Special - ABS, Security system. $16,900 out the door - tax, tag, title...

Now the REAL FUN BEGINS!

Regards,

Rick

·
Registered
124 Posts
here u go :

51089-06BK Clevis rider, front, right
51091-06BK Foot Peg Mounting rider, left, black
51097-06 Clevis rider, front, left
4470M Screw (long screw for the rt side bracket)
4471M Screw (long screw for the left side bracket at top)
4250M Screw (need 2, 1 for the bottom of the left side bracket and 1 for the left foot peg rider)
1"x2" length steel spacer

hope this helps

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the pointers guys.

I returned the V-Mod mid set, and ordered the Rizoma rear set...

Going on tomorrow. Will post pics when complete...

Regards,

Rick

·
Registered
62 Posts
Rick,
hats off to you on your old corvette, very nice, i too am a Corvette owner (black of course) Z06. 2008. Also a tip of the hat for being 5'5 and rockin a DX, i am 6'3 and really noticed a difference from other bikes when i first sat on my DX. Have you considered a set of Arnott air rides? I know it has been a great resolution for some of the other "vertically challenged" members. And its a really great mod either way, just a suggestion.
Welcome to the group BTW,
Jamison

:vrodforu:

·
Registered
186 Posts
I put the mid pegs on. Left my controls out front.

Here are threads FOR THE PEGS. But it looks like these are the same parts for the controls, but without the control parts. There are some good pics in there along with parts lists. Slightly dated, so parts were higher, by about half again or so.

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71338&page=4

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1441702&highlight=pegs#post1441702

I did not use the (new additional) motor mount part. For the spacer, I used a 3/8" drive, 5/8 ", deep, socket, and scuffed both ends by rubbing it on concrete to give some grip.

When you buy the parts, ask the dealer to print out the pages he will be looking at for the parts. You want the parts list, and the exploded parts assembly view pages.

For the pegs pages that I did it was:
"VRSCR HC VRSCR STREET ROD (2006): FOOTRESTS - VRSCD & VRSCR"

Very happy with the mid pegs. Give much needed relief and position change for hiway driving. Also a place to bail from if ever have to.

·
Registered
186 Posts
By the way, have you seen the price of the 2011 DXs yet? If you haven't gotten the bike yet, you should check it out. hahaha
Sounds like you're getting a good deal anyway, though.

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rick,
hats off to you on your old corvette, very nice, i too am a Corvette owner (black of course) Z06. 2008. Also a tip of the hat for being 5'5 and rockin a DX, i am 6'3 and really noticed a difference from other bikes when i first sat on my DX. Have you considered a set of Arnott air rides? I know it has been a great resolution for some of the other "vertically challenged" members. And its a really great mod either way, just a suggestion.
Welcome to the group BTW,
Jamison

:vrodforu:
Actually, the NR Special is the only Harley I've owned that I can get flat footed with knees bent. My EGlide Classic - I had a 2nd set of soles put on my riding boots to give me 2" of lift. My DynaWG & SuperGlide were both lowered, as was my sporty. This bike doesn't need lowering, and I don't want to screw with the handling OR make it any lower than it already is. The Rizoma rearset will give me back all the lean angle the 240 can handle.

The Rizoma's really put my feet where I like them. Bike comes back from the stealership tomorrow with the Rizoma's, 4" black pullback bars, and an under warranty fix for the rear coil the PC-V blew up on me (Jedi Mind Trick - the bike has not been modified, I will cover the repair under warranty).

I'll post up some pics over the weekend...

Thanks again guys...

Rick

1 - 12 of 12 Posts