Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forums here. I've done some searches and haven't really come up with any sold info...

Sold my bagger last fall. I've been drooling over a 2010 Night Rod Special at my local stealership.

5'5", and forward controls (even the reach ones) just don't seem to me, to make for a comfortable ride on what is essentially a sport bike.

I've seen for other models, where the "D" model mid controls fit, with the replacement of one of the rear motor mounts.

Would PREFER to stick with HD OEM parts for this mod.

Suggestions (shopping list) would be sincerely appreciated. The bike has ABS on it too, as I know that makes a difference for the master cylinder.

Regards,

Rick

·
The Big Bad Wolf
301 Posts
Yo, Rick. I'm gonna follow this thread with you, because I bought a '10 DX as a present to myself for twiddling my thumbs through Iraq last year. I've been thinking about swapping out the controls to mids as well. So far, the forward controls haven't been an issue (besides my big ole paws being stuffed under the short levers during long-distance hauls). I would fo sho like to have a few more foot rest options, but during red light-to-red light encounters, the forwards haven't been an issue.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Have fun here

1 - 5 of 5 Posts