Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best combination for my 1250cc to increase Capacity to 1350cc-1450cc.
Would a 3/8 Stroker Crank along with you increasing Bore size give me the bottom to mid range power I’m chasing, but still maintaining reliability for long trips?
I have Jones Stage 2 Cams

·
Registered
243 Posts
That question is about as old as the internal combustion engine it self, how far can i push the envelope. When you say
give me the bottom to mid range power I’m chasing, but still maintaining reliability
what do you mean EXACTLY.

How far/long do you want to go? Is fuel mileage a concern? what horse power are you targeting at the low-mid range and what do you consider low to mid range?

your question is entirely to open ended.

Can it be done? Sure but what do you want to achieve?

Also those jones stage 2 are going to rob power at the upper RPM of a bigger motor, like putting a face mask on a race horse. hold out for a pair of stage 3

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I knew I had left my question wide open as I was typing it.
I’m wanting an engine that puts a smile on my face when I twist the throttle.
Top end isn’t a concern.
I like to ride it hard through the lower gears racing from Stop 🛑 to Stop 🛑
I’m hoping for 140-150hp with great Torque

·
The Hawk
3,755 Posts
A 6mm (1/4") stroker crank with the 1250 piston/sleeve setup will give you a 1350 that is very dependable with great low end torque. Fairly easy to build, requiring just a bit of internal grinding to clearance the crank, add in good cams and valve springs, injectors, larger throttle body, a good tune, and it is capable of mid 10 sec. runs or better at the drag strip. Loads of fun as a daily driver and they hold together very well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help and yes I didn’t want to make the mistake of going “ to big” as I still need to be able to hop on and do an 8hr ride ( living in Australia)
I have seen the CP Big Bore 1320cc kit and just keep the Stock Stroke and I’m wondering with the JONES Stg2 Cams and some Head-Work could I achieve what I’m hoping for?
Regards
Ken 👍🏼

1 - 5 of 5 Posts