Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a random search on the forum and learned about changing the stock 28t front sprocket to a 30t front sprocket to get more out of my trask turbo on my vrod. I saw a post a while back which had the part numbers and helpful information about changing the front sprockets.

Instead of looking for hours upon hours I thought I would ask to see if anyone knew this information of the top.

Need flange 30t sprocket part number, does the stock flange work? Also need the belt from an HDI model? I think my belt will fit due to being streched from about 1500 turbo'ed miles already.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,929 Posts
30 T HDI pulley will fit on your 28 T flange.

I suggest you get a new belt to fit the 30 T.

This makes it easy on adjusting the belt tension and switching out the puey if you want togohave some fun with the 28T.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RSC, shouldn't I have more fun with the 30 tooth? I would imagine I will build boost faster??? What are your thoughts on this

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,929 Posts
The 28 T runs the rpm to fast as you know.

The 30 T will let y9ou run the bike out in all gears.

Doing this really fast. Most of the turbo bikes run the 30T .

running the 28 is good for burn outs and all.

You'll be happier with the 30T.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
The 28 T runs the rpm to fast as you know.

The 30 T will let y9ou run the bike out in all gears.

Doing this really fast. Most of the turbo bikes run the 30T .

running the 28 is good for burn outs and all.

You'll be happier with the 30T.
:them:

·
Registered
130 Posts
30 tooth

I have an 09 DX and put the 30 tooth on it, stock belt fit and power was up 9 hp on dyno, as the taller gear lugs the motor a little more getting lower vacume in motor causing the boost to hit harder in lower gears and not rev so fast, i was 153 rwhp with 28 tooth changed belt and redynoed now 162 rwhp no other changes, the 28 tooth was to low turbo never really built great boost in low gear as it revs to easy and quick! You will like 30 plus rolling 1st gear Burn outs are easier as it builds and holds that boost and gears also are longer- Brett

1 - 6 of 6 Posts