Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I've spent the last few days searching through these forums for the appropriate map for my 2009 Muscle.

I'm swapping out my stock header with Tab slip ons for the V&H 2into1 comp header/exhaust. Currently, there is a PCV installed.

Everyone points to Phoenix 2012.pvm

Is this still the recommendation?

I also noticed that the previous owner unplugged the 02 sensors. I assume that the PCV requires that. I've ordered 12mm bung plugs for the v&h headers.

Is there anything else I should be aware of?

Assuming all goes well, I'll have a set of Tabs available.

~jdubsweb~

·
Registered
71 Posts
Everyone points to Phoenix 2012.pvm

Is this still the recommendation?

I would load the one builtin, which is also on their website for the 2008 family (non-muscle)... see how it runs... then use the autotune.

Their support will also sit on the phone with you, help select a tune, and stay on the line until it loads.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the recommendation

I would load the one builtin, which is also on their website for the 2008 family (non-muscle)... see how it runs... then use the autotune.

Their support will also sit on the phone with you, help select a tune, and stay on the line until it loads.
Santego - I've come across several of these forums that say the M15-006-005 runs terrible.

As I mentioned, I only have the PCV with no o2 sensors. Therefore, I can only assume an autotune option is out of the question.

Great idea to look outside the muscle for maps though. I hadn't thought of that.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Santego - I've come across several of these forums that say the M15-006-005 runs terrible.

As I mentioned, I only have the PCV with no o2 sensors. Therefore, I can only assume an autotune option is out of the question.

Great idea to look outside the muscle for maps though. I hadn't thought of that.
I have a 2015 with a K&N filter and full Akropovic exhaust. I used the closest tune they had, then ran Autotune twice with stock sensors. Bike runs amazing... and my friend has the same bike with slip-ons that i can swap to compare.

Before the full pipe and tune you couldn't tell whose bike you were on... afterwards... huge difference. so I have been happy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts