Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, so I bought the daymaker 5 3\4 to replace my oem light. When I purchased it the dealer told me this was plug and play and wouldn't require any other parts. Ofc this wasn't the case the oem plug doesn't conect to the daymaker which has a 3 pin connector and an extra red wire separate from the 3 pin connector?

There are quite a few threads about leds on vrods but nothing specific to this so im reaching out to the community in the hopes you can help me out.

Has anyone done this? Im assuming I need a connector\extension of some sort but I cant figure out which

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi, so I bought the daymaker 5 3\4 to replace my oem light. When I purchased it the dealer told me this was plug and play and wouldn't require any other parts. Ofc this wasn't the case the oem plug doesn't conect to the daymaker which has a 3 pin connector and an extra red wire separate from the 3 pin connector?

There are quite a few threads about leds on vrods but nothing specific to this so im reaching out to the community in the hopes you can help me out.

Has anyone done this? Im assuming I need a connector\extension of some sort but I cant figure out which
I can tell u this. The red wire is for the Halo/Angel Eye. You connect the red wire to any B+ keyed on source or to a separate switch connected to B+

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for that it sounds simple enough. Just have to find the proper Daymaker harness to conect to my NRS harness.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Thank you for that it sounds simple enough. Just have to find the proper Daymaker harness to conect to my NRS harness.
You will find a spare plug next to the datalink plug behind the left frame cover that has an orange/white wire in it that is used for the position light on euro models. It is perfect to connect that halo wire to.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You will find a spare plug next to the datalink plug behind the left frame cover that has an orange/white wire in it that is used for the position light on euro models. It is perfect to connect that halo wire to.
Thank you for the heads up ill look for it, sounds like the perfect spot. Im assuming you mean the clutch side behind the hand size frame cover kinda tucked behind the front forks ?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Thank you for the heads up ill look for it, sounds like the perfect spot. Im assuming you mean the clutch side behind the hand size frame cover kinda tucked behind the front forks ?
Yes, thats the place. Most are there lurking around. Might need to poke about a bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts