Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Below is an email I received from my Military Sales Rep. Not sure how true it is, but I would assume it reliable....looks like some new colors...

------------------------------------

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!

EXCLUSIVELY to Exchange New Car Sales we have received EARLY confirmation on our Harley Davidson MY 2009 Phase 1 Order!!!

The matching has been completed for orders that were pre ordered by customers who already got their order in for a 2009 in the last few months and we DO have some more 2009s (yes really!!!) left over!!

Most of these bikes are building in AUG and SEPT, so earliest delivery for these bikes Stateside will be the 1st week of SEPT, earliest delivery date for these bikes Overseas will be the 1st week of OCT!!

I have all the 2009 colors available as I received my color chart today AND can show the new 2009 colors (see below) to you.

Included in this first release are the following bikes, which WILL ONLY BE MADE AVAILABLE AT 3 PM THIS FRIDAY and sell very quickly, so please be quick if you are or know someone interested in any of the below models:

- 2009 Rocker “C”
- 2009 Rocker
- 2009 Nightster
- 2009 Cross Bones
- 2009 Fat Bob
- 2009 Night Rod Special
- 2009 V-rod

New colors for 2009 are:

- BRILLIANT SILVER
- FLAME BLUE PEARL
- FLAME BLUE DELUXE
- RED HOT DENIM
- RED HOT SUNGLO
- 2 TONE DEEP TURQUOISE/ANTIQUE WHITE
- 2 TONE FLAME BLUE PEARL/PEWTER PEARL
- 2 TONE RED HOT SUNGLO/SMOKEY GOLD
- 2 TONE BLACK ICE/BLUE ICE
- 2 TONE BIG PURPLE FLAKE/BRILLIANT SILVER
- 2 TONE LIGHT CANDY ROOT BEER/DARK CANDY ROOT BEER

The following models have been discontinued for MY 2009:

- FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide
- VRSCD Night Rod
- XL883 Sportster 883
- XL1200R Sportster 1200 Roadster

- VRSCDXA Night Rod Special with ABS (ABS now available as an option on VRSCDX)

- VRSCDA Night Rod with ABS (ABS now available as an option on VRSCDA)

·
Chief
1,272 Posts
Any road glides with a vrod engine in the works??

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Below is an email I received from my Military Sales Rep. Not sure how true it is, but I would assume it reliable....looks like some new colors...

------------------------------------

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!

EXCLUSIVELY to Exchange New Car Sales we have received EARLY confirmation on our Harley Davidson MY 2009 Phase 1 Order!!!

The matching has been completed for orders that were pre ordered by customers who already got their order in for a 2009 in the last few months and we DO have some more 2009s (yes really!!!) left over!!

Most of these bikes are building in AUG and SEPT, so earliest delivery for these bikes Stateside will be the 1st week of SEPT, earliest delivery date for these bikes Overseas will be the 1st week of OCT!!

I have all the 2009 colors available as I received my color chart today AND can show the new 2009 colors (see below) to you.

Included in this first release are the following bikes, which WILL ONLY BE MADE AVAILABLE AT 3 PM THIS FRIDAY and sell very quickly, so please be quick if you are or know someone interested in any of the below models:

- 2009 Rocker “C”
- 2009 Rocker
- 2009 Nightster
- 2009 Cross Bones
- 2009 Fat Bob
- 2009 Night Rod Special
- 2009 V-rod

New colors for 2009 are:

- BRILLIANT SILVER
- FLAME BLUE PEARL
- FLAME BLUE DELUXE
- RED HOT DENIM
- RED HOT SUNGLO
- 2 TONE DEEP TURQUOISE/ANTIQUE WHITE
- 2 TONE FLAME BLUE PEARL/PEWTER PEARL
- 2 TONE RED HOT SUNGLO/SMOKEY GOLD
- 2 TONE BLACK ICE/BLUE ICE
- 2 TONE BIG PURPLE FLAKE/BRILLIANT SILVER
- 2 TONE LIGHT CANDY ROOT BEER/DARK CANDY ROOT BEER

- FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide
- VRSCD Night Rod
- XL883 Sportster 883

- VRSCDXA Night Rod Special with ABS (ABS now available as an option on VRSCDX)

- VRSCDA Night Rod with ABS (ABS now available as an option on VRSCDA)

Is it me or does this not make sense?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Reference the night rod being discontinued, yet abs available as an option? Yeah, I'm feeling dumb too.

·
Elephant Motors Rock
3,505 Posts
Reference the night rod being discontinued, yet abs available as an option? Yeah, I'm feeling dumb too.
No, I think it listed the Night Rod as Discontinued then continued on to list the Night Rod with ABS as discontinued. HD (for some reason I cannot fathom) decided that ABS equipped models were a different model designation in '08. They have come to their senses in '09 and ABS will simply be an option like security.

·
Go fast, look good!
133 Posts
As any military member who has been overseas can attest to... if this "truly" came from a Military Exchange Rep, than it's as good as gold. They get this info as early as possible from Harley Davidson, so they can start placing orders for the servicemen and women for Stateside pick up upon their return.

Of course, not all of those colors might be for the VRod...

·
Riding the Rev
1,523 Posts
Looks like they are really culling the lines.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I don't get it is the Night Rod available or not?

·
INCONCEIVABLE!
1,529 Posts
The Night Rod Special will be available, the Night Rod will not

DX - YES
D - NO

Is that clear now?

·
Gone
545 Posts
:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah: I hate waiting to see what's coming out..... Maybe I'm biased but I don't believe anything until it's officially released by the MoCo

·
Registered
2 Posts
2009 Sportster XL1200R in Europe available?

- FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide
- VRSCD Night Rod
- XL883 Sportster 883
Hello from Germany!

Do you eventually know whether the Sportster XL1200R will be available in Europe (Germany) in 2009? I plan to buy one end of the year, so it would be no great news for me, if it's true that HD will discontinue the Roadster.

Many thanks in advance-
Heiner

·
Gone
2,012 Posts
Hello from Germany!

Do you eventually know whether the Sportster XL1200R will be available in Europe (Germany) in 2009? I plan to buy one end of the year, so it would be no great news for me, if it's true that HD will discontinue the Roadster.

Many thanks in advance-
Heiner
Hello from the US. Check out XLforum.net for sportster stuff.

·
INCONCEIVABLE!
1,529 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts