Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2009 V-Rod Muscle (Brand new) and I am very dissapointed in the aftermarket for this bike.
There are like three choices that i have been able to find for slip on exhausts. I had a 2005 V-rod Screaming Eagle and the choices were endless. Is it just because of the economy? Or just the fact that the muscle is only a few years old?
Or am I just not searching properly. Seems Bassani, Tab, and Vance & Hines are my only options for slip ons. anyone know of any others out there?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I just bought a 2009 V-Rod Muscle (Brand new) and I am very dissapointed in the aftermarket for this bike.
There are like three choices that i have been able to find for slip on exhausts. I had a 2005 V-rod Screaming Eagle and the choices were endless. Is it just because of the economy? Or just the fact that the muscle is only a few years old?
Or am I just not searching properly. Seems Bassani, Tab, and Vance & Hines are my only options for slip ons. anyone know of any others out there?
V mod is another option, they look like stock but with a growl.
I have not persoanlly heard them.
I have tried both V-H and tabs on my F and you cant go wrong either way.
They are both loud on the highway and loud as hell with a full face helmet . Its just a matter of looks.

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Hay dcvrod I was down in your neck of the woods last fall. Is your new baby that denim white 09 that was sitting in the showroom floor looking so lonely needing a rider. Anyway's you can keep your stock muffler. If you like the looks Maybe just a bit to quite for your tasted I keep my stock muffler in case they ever start up that emission testing in my county. I got a pair from e-bay 160 bucks gutted out the stock baffle and put in big city thunder baffle. I did a video for the sound but the camera's audio just doesn't do the muffler's Justus It seam's to mute the volume lower? I am vary happy with the sound and the performance of my baby.
Here is a link to my muffler mod

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have an old pair of stock pipes That i would like to try this.
How much are the big city thunder baffels? I agree they sound different then V-H and TABS. Plus you can keeep the stock look with OEM stamp on the muffler just in case.
Did you add the DB killer in the baffel?

The video sound is actually quite good in comparison to some of the others.
Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
oh man that 2 into 1 Akrapovic system looks the BOMB !!! also like the look of the ABE Penzl Auspuff slip-ons on the Speed of color web site too !!!

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Slow Blue I paid 120 bucks two years ago But the QQ were more priceser then original's I think they were 80 bucks. They said that the Screaming eagles were there loudest not sure how much they were. Best bet is to read there web site. I live out by Yelm are you any were close by. Maybe get some road time in. Tiss the season to be riding. :ride:Link to Big City Thunder

·
Registered
244 Posts
Vice grip,
we are about an hour north from you, I will pm you my phone and you can text or call to meet up after the holiday and monsoon season. Any way keep up the mods.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
personally i like the dual exhaust look on the muscle, makes it more hot rod looking i think (I also drilled out the stock exhaust and pointed the rear end piece down i like the sound and look alot).
If you after sound i think the tabs are nice looking and loud. if your looking for 2 into one and loud try V-mods

1 - 13 of 13 Posts