Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local Harley dealer has a 2009 V-Rod Muscle (Silver) for sale. original price Was $19000 then marked down to $14900 and now they are selling it for $12500. Its got like 50 miles on it from demo rides, and they said it comes with the 1 year factory warranty. Is this a good deal?
I used to have a 2005 Screaming Eagle and I sold it for a down payment on a house. now im in the market again and am looking for a V-Rod. (The only Harley worth owning in my opinion)

·
Registered
160 Posts
My local Harley dealer has a 2009 V-Rod Muscle (Silver) for sale. original price Was $19000 then marked down to $14900 and now they are selling it for $12500. Its got like 50 miles on it from demo rides, and they said it comes with the 1 year factory warranty. Is this a good deal?
I used to have a 2005 Screaming Eagle and I sold it for a down payment on a house. now im in the market again and am looking for a V-Rod. (The only Harley worth owning in my opinion)
sounds like a good deal to me at $12.5k

·
Registered
80 Posts
I JUST purchased in May a 2010 for $10,500 dealer owned muscle 6200 miles from dealer rentals etc. 2 year warranty. new tires and brakes( my request) tab pipes and SErace tuner. I think it is a good deal

·
Registered
160 Posts
There are good deals on VRods out there, both new and used. I got my 09 Muscle last October for $10k and it only had 1000 miles on it. I've seen new VRods selling for $12-14k across the nation. I wonder though if that trend is about to end. Was at my local stealership yesterday and the sales manager told me he can't keep VRods on the floor they are selling so fast (all three models). That after months of being able to not even give them away. Anyone else know of VRod selling trends? Maybe if they start selling in higher volume, HD and the aftermarket will start offering more parts and accessories for us mod freaks than we have right now. Anyone? It would be interesting to know (especially since it's pouring down rain and windy, ruining my nightly, after work riding constitutional!).

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
A demo bike...Like buying a rental. Its had the snot beat out of it and mostly by inexperienced riders. I got my 09 for 10k V & H 2-1 Competition pipe, SE Dyno tuned. Bike was owned by some kid that worked in the botque department and never took it over 5,000 rpm. Nubs were still on the origional tire and not a scratch on the pipes from hard leaning. I would try to talk them down at least 1 more "k"

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
A demo bike...Like buying a rental.
With only 50 miles? That's just a couple of test rides. My '04B had a little over 200 miles on it, and I bought it as a leftover, in '05. No problems.

·
on the hwy to hell
5,025 Posts
With only 50 miles? That's just a couple of test rides. My '04B had a little over 200 miles on it, and I bought it as a leftover, in '05. No problems.
:them:
the demo I went on wouldn't even let ya wind up an airhead let alone give you any room to stretch out a V, I tried to lag behind to play catch up

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
:them:
the demo I went on wouldn't even let ya wind up an airhead let alone give you any room to stretch out a V, I tried to lag behind to play catch up
When I demo'd mine, it was not an official "Demo Day". I took it out, alone, for about 8-10 miles. When I returned the salesman said "Back so soon?"

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Guessing they had theres "detuned"?? Any of our demo bikes are tuned up :D. They had a XR1200 I seen them Dyno tuning with V & H pipes and put it out for a Demo bike. The way I seen it riden I wouldn't buy it after:spank:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Good deal! Can't do much harm riding 50 miles! Push for a 3 yr warranty. Good Luck!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Jealous

Wow I am jealous - I just bought a 2009 Muscle and it cost me $20500.

that's what you get for living in OZ I guess.

·
Kidzap
1,065 Posts
Snap it up before it disappears. 50 miles on test rides is nothing and remember no one does a test ride without a HD test ride rep with him. The 09 10 11 and 12 are virtually the same bike.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the input guys. I should also have said that the $12500 is not an advertised price. The manager of my local dealer is a friend of the famialy and he said that he would do $12500 for me to get rid of it because they have had it so long.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts