Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
1SIKFER
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figure if it does not sell I will buy/rent a used speedo with over 7500 miles on it to get it past the CA DMV.

Sometimes I really don't like living in CA.

·
Powdercoat Maniac
1,018 Posts
if you leave your insurance and registration on it i can ride to the border (otherwise i have to trailer it), but once there i have to leave the bike and all the papers at the border for at least 3 days
for paper work then come back to get the bike and papers all stamp and pay duty.

i have done that with my DX in 07 but it vermont NY not to far:D

Mike

·
1SIKFER
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if you leave your insurance and registration on it i can ride to the border (otherwise i have to trailer it), but once there i have to leave the bike and all the papers at the border for at least 3 days
for paper work then come back to get the bike and papers all stamp and pay duty.

i have done that with my DX in 07 but it vermont NY not to far:D

Mike
Mike,

The insurance is still on the bike...however the registration is expired. So it would have to be on a trailer.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
That is a GR8 price. Shipping on the bike would be less than $500.00 anywhere in the US. A serious buyer could buy the bike, have it shipped, and still save a few grand.

·
Powdercoat Maniac
1,018 Posts
That is a GR8 price. Shipping on the bike would be less than $500.00 anywhere in the US. A serious buyer could buy the bike, have it shipped, and still save a few grand.
Any normal buyer would like to SEE the bike before he spit out
13 or 19 000 G :stilpoke: and get the all papers in hand

·
1SIKFER
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any normal buyer would like to SEE the bike before he spit out
13 or 19 000 G :stilpoke: and get the all papers in hand
You have a point. I know that I would go look at the bike way before I committed to a price.....IF I was local.

That said I have NOTHING to hide with this bike. It's open for everyone to come see it. Just shoot me a PM or email and I'd be more then happy to set up a viewing/test ride time.

·
Powdercoat Maniac
1,018 Posts
You have a point. I know that I would go look at the bike way before I committed to a price.....IF I was local.

That said I have NOTHING to hide with this bike. It's open for everyone to come see it. Just shoot me a PM or email and I'd be more then happy to set up a viewing/test ride time.
i am sure your bike is 100% top shape

I was just responding to agrid who seem to pretend i am not a serious buyer, i think he forget i am in Canada and you are in US,
i have a friend who did it few month ago and it became a pain in the ass the guy forgot to give him some papers and both key fob
it took about 6 weeks to cross the border. not funny
if you were 10 hr to 12 hr drive i would be there 3rd of august
good luck with the sale.

Mike

·
1SIKFER
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm starting to think about just keeping the bike.

Now I just need to find someone with an speedo cluster with over 7500 miles on it so i can get it registered here in CA.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts