Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bladerunner
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've searched and can't find it anywhere. I'm looking to purchase a side-mount license plate bracket and need to know the size of my rear axle. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

·
Registered
93 Posts
mount it to the shock bolt. M12 - 1.75 x 80

·
Bladerunner
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's the scoop. I just ordered a set of Arnotts. I'm thinking about getting rid of the dog's ass, etc.

All I want is a simple, preferably curved radius side mount. The ones I've found on eBay are a reasonable $25, but they all mount to the axle, and come pre-drilled for 1" axles...

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
25mm, I think you'll find. 1" is 25.4mm.

2002 -2007 is 1".

·
Premium Member
11,287 Posts
Here's the scoop. I just ordered a set of Arnotts. I'm thinking about getting rid of the dog's ass, etc.

All I want is a simple, preferably curved radius side mount. The ones I've found on eBay are a reasonable $25, but they all mount to the axle, and come pre-drilled for 1" axles...
If it's the one I am thinking of, shipped from Hong Kong, its a good unit but is designed to replace the left spacer if you have one. My 2007 VRSCX with the 240 tire does not have a spacer on the left side so It will not fit.

Post a link to the ebay item.

·
Bladerunner
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RustyG, the vendor is road6customs. I use the iPhone eBay app so I can't get a URL but they are (shipped) from the US. If you search the vendor you'll see they have a ton of different plate mounts.

Louis, thanks for the confirmation. Their ad says 25mm but I just wanted to be sure. How's the riding over there in Portugal? I have been there twice (my ex has family there). Beautiful country...

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
RustyG, the vendor is road6customs. I use the iPhone eBay app so I can't get a URL but they are (shipped) from the US. If you search the vendor you'll see they have a ton of different plate mounts.

Louis, thanks for the confirmation. Their ad says 25mm but I just wanted to be sure. How's the riding over there in Portugal? I have been there twice (my ex has family there). Beautiful country...
Cheers! Riding here is brilliant - thousands and thousands of mile of unpoliced twisty roads. Doesn't sound like V-Rod country, but actually I have a hoot. Laying down trails of sparks on a V-Rod is actually more fun than scaring yourself senseless at mach 6 on a sports bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts