Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and have few questions regarding 08 To 12 VRSCDX panels conversion.

Im swapping out body panels from my 2008 VRSCDX to 2012 VRSCDX.

My panels are fading and don't really like the rear fender style, I got a good deal on a 2012 Front fender, Tank/airbox, seats and rear fenders. Would all this fit into my 2008? What do I need to do?

Thanks in advance for all the input.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'd expect the seat and airbox to work. I don't know about the rear fender since the frames are different but the forks are different on those bikes and the front fenders mount differently.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

·
"Vrod King"
922 Posts
Same front fender (just turned around), same airbox. You'll need to change the front seat, rear seat, rear fender, rear lights and rear pan (to mount the rear fender & seat) You could use the rear pan that you have but you have to cut it up.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Same front fender (just turned around), same airbox. You'll need to change the front seat, rear seat, rear fender, rear lights and rear pan (to mount the rear fender & seat) You could use the rear pan that you have but you have to cut it up.
Same front fender? Between an 08 vrscd and a 12 vrscdx?

The mounts are located differently between the inverted and conversational forks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much for the info. I bought the rear fender with lights and all, also front and rear seats.

I’m new to this, would you please explain the pan situation? Do I need anything else from the 2012 for the rear fender conversion besides the rear fender and light to fit it in?

The mounts are located differently between the inverted and conversational forks.

Thank you for your input

·
"Vrod King"
922 Posts

Yes, It is the same front fender. Only the fender mount itself is different. As for the rear pan, on '07 to '11 the turn signals and plate mount are attached to the pan. On '12 on up, the turn signals and plate mount are attached to the rear fender itself. You will also need to change the seats (front & rear). The front seat is the same width but the shape of the back of the front seat is different. Trust me on this as I have all of these parts sitting here in my work space in front of me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Yes, It is the same front fender. Only the fender mount itself is different. As for the rear pan, on '07 to '11 the turn signals and plate mount are attached to the pan. On '12 on up, the turn signals and plate mount are attached to the rear fender itself. You will also need to change the seats (front & rear). The front seat is the same width but the shape of the back of the front seat is different. Trust me on this as I have all of these parts sitting here in my work space in front of me.

Great, in this case I shouldn’t be needing anything else. I’m planing to cancel the plate and turn signals and go with aftermarket.

Thank you everyone for the info. Later

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm sure you're right. For some reason I was thinking the 12 fender mounted more like the muscle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts