Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 Harley Davidson VRSCDX Night Rod Special with vivid black and orange pearl racing stripes. It is a 1250cc motor and has the 240 wide rear tire. 2008 was the change over to the wider tires. It has ABS breaks, self setting security system and a keyless start up system (you don't have to insert the key to turn the engine on, the key fob just has to be within 3 feet of the bike), extended warranty. Stock horse power is 125, and I am confident this bike is slightly higher with the performance exhaust and race tuner. These beasts will move impressively quick!

I have many modifications including: Muscle (VRSCF) seat, rear fender, brake light and European license plate mount, H-D race tuner and high flow air filter, H-D tribal mirrors and black diamond grips and pegs, Bub 7 2-into-1 exhaust (black), Rizoma orange sprocket cover and black sprocket guard, Willie G skull horn cover, dual headlights with Buell fairing, front signal remount to forks. I still have all the original parts as well.

I originally put the V&H Indy exhaust on the bike, but after reading several stories about the pipe buring through the oil line (way too much heat from this exhaust!), sure enough it happened to me as well. The dealer repaired the line with extra heat wrap, and I changed to the Bub 7 exhaust which has solved the problem.

I am selling the bike after buying it new and owning it for the last 2 and a half years. It's been an excellent bike and a ton of fun, but I have a wife and two young kids and it just isn't as "family friendly" as I wish it was.

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
price?
milage?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, must have forgotten the price in the setup. Asking $15500.00, negotiable. Mileage is 4518.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I am looking for a Night Rod Special so I might be wrong but isn't all night rod special VRSCDX have wide rear tire (240mm)? I think they started making VRSCDX in 2007 if I am not mistaken

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nive, you are right. All Vrods 2008 and later have the 240 rear tire. Although many on here upgrade to wider, even 300mm rears.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lowered price... $14950.00, OBO.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
pm sent

·
Registered
89 Posts
All of the attached pictures seem to be thumbnails, and you have no pictures in your gallery. Any chance you can post some bigger pics of the bike?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you want to email me at: [email protected], Subject NightRod Pics, I will send them that way.

By the way... I am asking $10950.00

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Great price, I hope you have good luck selling this bike! Are you considering piecing out anything or do you not have the OEM parts to put on the bike?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@ grimy, I am including all OEM parts in the sale... still have all the parts, but I don't want to mess with selling the bits and pieces separately.

@wag, sorry I missed you, I have not been on the site in some time, obviously... also, congrats on the purchase!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
2008 Harley Davidson VRSCDX Night Rod Special with vivid black and orange pearl racing stripes. It is a 1250cc motor and has the 240 wide rear tire. 2008 was the change over to the wider tires. It has ABS breaks, self setting security system and a keyless start up system (you don't have to insert the key to turn the engine on, the key fob just has to be within 3 feet of the bike), extended warranty. Stock horse power is 125, and I am confident this bike is slightly higher with the performance exhaust and race tuner. These beasts will move impressively quick!

I have many modifications including: Muscle (VRSCF) seat, rear fender, brake light and European license plate mount, H-D race tuner and high flow air filter, H-D tribal mirrors and black diamond grips and pegs, Bub 7 2-into-1 exhaust (black), Rizoma orange sprocket cover and black sprocket guard, Willie G skull horn cover, dual headlights with Buell fairing, front signal remount to forks. I still have all the original parts as well.

I originally put the V&H Indy exhaust on the bike, but after reading several stories about the pipe buring through the oil line (way too much heat from this exhaust!), sure enough it happened to me as well. The dealer repaired the line with extra heat wrap, and I changed to the Bub 7 exhaust which has solved the problem.

I am selling the bike after buying it new and owning it for the last 2 and a half years. It's been an excellent bike and a ton of fun, but I have a wife and two young kids and it just isn't as "family friendly" as I wish it was.
The attached thumbnails aren`t working.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
haha i just meant they are fairly bright :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I will see if I can upload them to a larger size today.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Two pics, more to come

See if these come through.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts