Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some words of wisdom. Our local credit union has an 08 vrscd for sale, about 1,450 miles on it. Bike is stock except for v-modded exhaust,has security, no abs. Lady there couldn't tell me if it had any fuel management system, PC etc. she had no further info. Question of the day is, would running v-modded pipes without fuel management for 1400,1500 miles screw something up? PC, or race tuner, etc. would be under air box right if I wanted to look for it correct ? I did with my eagle-eye see on the left lower side cover see a very very faint trail of something, that looks like it came from around an allen head bolt on upper part of cover. Wiped over it with my finger,wasn't wet to the touch. Is this normal ? One would have to be standing just at the right angle to notice it. Asking price dropped from 10,800 to 10,000. They will go lower because she ask me if I was ready to make an offer? On looks, I would it give it a 9.7 on scale of 1-10, only because of finger and palm prints. Sorry for the long post.

·
Banned
3,309 Posts
Most people will tell you that you have to install a tuner with an open pipe, I disagree. The stock ECM will hold a 14.7 to 1 AFR even with an open pipe, if it didn't it would throw a sensor out of range code. With that said, 14.7 AFR is to lean, it won't hurt the bike, but it will cook the rider.
The faint trail you're talking about could be a bit of oil from where the breather enters the case. It's pretty easy to nick the O-ring when sliding it in. It's a fifty cent fix.

The 08 D is the best bike that no one ever wanted. I love mine.

·
boo
5,211 Posts
if it's an 08, then it has the closed loop O2 sensors, right? which means it can correct the EFI within limits, if so.

i'd offer her 8.5K, it's not worth much more than that, maybe 9 with the low miles.

HD race tuner (SERT or SEPST) won't be on the bike, those are just a key to unlock the ECM for tuning. PC or other would be.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for info. What about the security code. I would need that for overriding security, just in case right? Would the dealership bike came from have it in their records, if not how do you attain one. They have been known to play the idiot game, know what I mean.

·
Muscle Man
868 Posts
what part of La. are you in? pm if you wish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts