Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I'm new to this whole VRod thing.

I kind of assumed that under the clamshell on the bike there would be risers with the traditional bar clamps (like on a Low Rider or Duece). Now, I haven't had the shell off (apparently there's more to it than just the two bolts on either side of it) but from what I've read here, it's more of a one piece T-Bar set-up?

If I want to replace the handlebars with a more touring oriented bar, is my only option to purchase this like $400 clamp so I can use standard handlebars...or is there another way?

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
you can pick up a B or a DX riser setup and then it is the same as a dyna or something, where the risers can accomodate many different bars. Currently the bars on your A are one piece, with the riser that bolts to the triple tree and the bar being one piece.

·
Dtown's Mobile Tech.
901 Posts
Just to help out a bit with this one, if you get a B riser set-up you can very nicely fit the stock Road Glide bars on it and you should be good with all your cables. we have the get the stock a cables to fit the longer bars and we went with a longer clutch line but I think the a line is longer stock then the b line is. might need to check that

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you VERY much guys...just the info I was looking for.

I guess the B/DX riser is the 3-piece one...I hear I need the bezel too?

Knowing that the stock FLTR bar fits nicely is great.

Thanks!
Russ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts