Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Composite material Circle Beige Concrete Symmetry

This windshield is an original HD OEM accessory and came with my bike (sold). I'm not sure what the official name or part number is - HD offered several models. It is NOT the small one - refer to the measurement photo. The mounting is semi-permanent, it is NOT the lever detachable model. Two clamps fit the fork tubes and two more fit stock handlebars. I was easily able to attach it, detach it and align it properly. Clear plastic is hard to photograph well and the photos make it look like it is lightly tinted when it's not -- THE WINDSCREEN IS CLEAR.

I can verify that this windshield perfectly fit my 2008 VRSCD Night Rod with stock handlebars, headlight and cowl. The windshield and mounting hardware MAY fit other years and models, but I have no way to verify which ones. Proper fitment is the responsibility of the buyer.

INCLUDED
  • HD V-Rod Windshield
  • Two fork clamps with mounting bars, two handlebar clamps and two swivel mounting bars.
  • Four rubber grommets with chromed metal inserts (shown installed on the windshield)
  • All screws/bolts
CONDITION
  • Overall, everything is in EXCELLENT used condition.
  • The poly-carbonate windscreen itself is in EXCELLENT used condition, with NO cracks, scratches, scuffs or other damage. It is crystal clear.
  • All of the clamps close properly and, with the rods, mount the windscreen tightly/solidly. The chrome is bright and shiny with no scratches or corrosion.
  • The rubber grommets are soft and pliable.
  • The chrome metal inserts are bright and shiny with no scratches or corrosion.
This windshield was discontinued by HD some time ago and they don't seem to offer a replacement.

Wood Automotive exterior Composite material Bicycle part Auto part
Line Font Circle Parallel Symmetry
Light Material property Jewellery Font Nickel

I'd like to get $400.00 plus actual shipping.
PayPal only, please.

Tenaya

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have the same one on my 2006 VRSCD, and I love it. If you have an early Night Rod, you need this windshield!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,184 Posts
At one time I looked all over to buy one of these for my '07 DX. These used to be my fave. They are not easy to find.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the same one on my 2006 VRSCD, and I love it. If you have an early Night Rod, you need this windshield!
Looks great, a lot like my bike (I had stock pipes and the Miller colors).

Do you happen to know the HD part number for your windshield?

Tenaya

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At one time I looked all over to buy one of these for my '07 DX. These used to be my fave. They are not easy to find.
Yep, the sad fact is that Harley's support for the V-Rod continues to wane.

Tenaya

·
EXCELSIOR
8,555 Posts
Looks great, a lot like my bike (I had stock pipes and the Miller colors).

Do you happen to know the HD part number for your windshield?

Tenaya
Don't know the number but it was referred to as the Mid Sport Windshield for Night Rod. You'll likely not find it available from HD any longer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts