Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the intent of HD on the 2008 models is to get an extra $$$$$$$ from prospective buyers. This should make every previous model jump in resale value. A local mechanic recently tuned a 2006 SE with a D&D with a race tuner and could only get four HP over the same set up with the 1130cc motor. I am sure this is a significant gain for a motorcycle but not worth the difference in $ to me. Unfortunately, I think the price of admission for a new V-rod will be $20K very soon. What does everyone else think??

RIP 4 Play

·
Registered
174 Posts
Well then the tuner didn't know what he was doing. Should be able to get 120+ RWHP on the 2006SE.

·
SEVROD06
251 Posts
With just the racetuner and a good tune you should pick up 3-4 hp. I actually had mine done today with an overall increase of 5hp and 4tq. Thats the same setup, just a better tune.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
socom18d said:
I think the intent of HD on the 2008 models is to get an extra $$$$$$$ from prospective buyers. This should make every previous model jump in resale value. A local mechanic recently tuned a 2006 SE with a D&D with a race tuner and could only get four HP over the same set up with the 1130cc motor. I am sure this is a significant gain for a motorcycle but not worth the difference in $ to me. Unfortunately, I think the price of admission for a new V-rod will be $20K very soon. What does everyone else think??

RIP 4 Play
$20K ain't gonna happen on a stock VRSC. Harley learned it's lesson on the V-Rod pricing in '04 and proceeded to drop the MSRP by over $1000. The larger motor costs harley absolutely no more to make than the 1130 and by switching over the line to making one motor instead of 2 they actually save money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts