Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this has been posted before, but I found a PDF file of tech info on the 2008 V-rods. Including some of the changes to the parts for addition of ABS and new size motor etc....

Forgive me if you guys have already seen this...

Attachments

·
Not in EP anymore
1,693 Posts
That is a great find. Where did you find it. I would like to find the tech info on a couple of other bikes.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Great find...thanks for sharing!!!

·
Not in EP anymore
1,693 Posts
All models - Jiffy Stand interlock. Vehicle won't start if kick stand is down. Wow-HD is catching up

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
doh! that all models one is just a run down :banghead: thats what i get for posting it without checkin it! Just follow the link the the HD forums thread and then the link in there will take you to the individual models !

Awww screw it here are the rest of em:

Attachments

·
"A" is the only way
3,349 Posts
great find alot of info in there, no compression release on the cams anymore, and different head gaskets.

·
"A" is the only way
3,349 Posts
I asked turk about the gaskets and why the difference, here is his pm

VRTURK said:
nic_a_bod said:
A tech bulletin about 08 models got posted on here.

I see there is a different head gasket and it won't work on later models. What's the difference w/ the motor compared to the other 1250's that the gasket won't work?
I couldn't find that post so please attach this pm to that thread.
All prior model year factory 1250cc displacement powertrains had stock,(1130cc), crankcases sent to a second machining supplier where they bored them out for the 105mm piston/liner assemblies. During this machining they also shaved a hair of material from the cyl. head mating surfaces of the crankcase. All 2005,2006, & 2007 factory 1250's needed gaskets of a different thickness.
Now the 1250 machining comes from the OE machining supplier, so they went back to the original head surface machining location.

That tech bulletin is legit, they would work but you would be changing combustion chamber volume and compression ratio.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
playswithnitro said:
G'day,
I tried to open the first PDF but my access is denied.

Any clues?

Thanks
Try right clicking on it and save as to your machine.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Thanks very much for posting, great information for 08 models. I'll use it as a reference indeed.

Regards,
German

1 - 18 of 18 Posts