Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

I was wondering if anyone has a 2008 service manual for their v-rod yet.. I have a 2007, but I am putting the 2008 clutch in and I was wondering if someone could scan the clutch section of the service manual and send it to me or even fax it to me whichever is easier.

I just hate to buy the 2008 service manual for a small section when I already have the 2007 service manual for my bike.

Thanks in advance!

·
l337ub3rn00b
227 Posts
I asked about a service manual for the 08 DX and they said it isn't printed yet. They expect something possibly, maybe, couldbe, mightbe in late fall to winter... Thus, I am assuming that means all the new '08 types that has had changes to them.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Biggest change besides the clutch is addition of 02 sensors and new ECM. That would require a LOT of the manual to be rewritten. Just the ECM section and the wiring diagram are several pages in the manual.

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well.. that and the ABS system..

Okay.. well, I'll attempt this install without the manual. The clutch stack is already assembled, but I just wish I knew the torque settings.. I wonder if there is a "technical support" number with Harley I can call..

·
Registered
616 Posts
The customer service number for HD was in my owners manual. It takes some patience to get through but I have found them to be helpful. If you cant find the number let me know and I will look it up for you. Im with you - I would want to know the torque values.

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HokieRich said:
The customer service number for HD was in my owners manual. It takes some patience to get through but I have found them to be helpful. If you cant find the number let me know and I will look it up for you. Im with you - I would want to know the torque values.
Thanks for the info! Yea.. I have that number.. I'll give it a shot on Monday and see what I can do from there.. I was hopeful there was an actual direct line, but I guess that is the "computer" person coming out in me.. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts