Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past Wed on one of the hottest days of the year here in Central Florida, My front brakes keep locking up to the point that the bike wont even move. To get it back to a shop I had to stop and let it completely cool down and the bike was free rolling again. I had to do this twice to get to my friends garage where we flushed the fluid in both calipers out until it was clear and bled the brakes. We thought i was good to go as it felt normal, then about an hour of riding or less it starts to build pressure again and gets tight, and fully locked locked up again. This happened two more times on the way home and made for a long day waiting for each cooling period. I had to do engine braking and rear brake only. The only reason I can think of it doing it repeately on the ride was the possibility of muscle memory tapping the front as I do normally ride hard and use the front a lot. Never happened before and I have ridden on hot days before but never in a "fells like" 114 degree day. Any idea of what to try? They are dual Brembo without ABS. I bled the rear just for good measure when I bled the front. Thanks in advance for any advise/ideas to try.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
This past Wed on one of the hottest days of the year here in Central Florida, My front brakes keep locking up to the point that the bike wont even move. To get it back to a shop I had to stop and let it completely cool down and the bike was free rolling again. I had to do this twice to get to my friends garage where we flushed the fluid in both calipers out until it was clear and bled the brakes. We thought i was good to go as it felt normal, then about an hour of riding or less it starts to build pressure again and gets tight, and fully locked locked up again. This happened two more times on the way home and made for a long day waiting for each cooling period. I had to do engine braking and rear brake only. The only reason I can think of it doing it repeately on the ride was the possibility of muscle memory tapping the front as I do normally ride hard and use the front a lot. Never happened before and I have ridden on hot days before but never in a "fells like" 114 degree day. Any idea of what to try? They are dual Brembo without ABS. I bled the rear just for good measure when I bled the front. Thanks in advance for any advise/ideas to try.
Have you changed levers recently?

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Too much fluid in master or a fluid return valving issue in the master. Nowhere for the expanded fluid to go but push the caliper pistons against the rotor.
Ron

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Too much fluid in master or a fluid return valving issue in the master. Nowhere for the expanded fluid to go but push the caliper pistons against the rotor.
Ron
I will re-check but thought I kept it under the MAX Line. Thx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts