Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guy's (and girls)..
I've got a question: Does any of you know how to connect a separate LED to see when you're about to run out of fuel?
The Yellow/white wire goes from the fuel sensor to the original speedo, but then...?
I think the OEM speedo sends the signal internally, from the fuel level meter to the warning lamp..

this is the story:
I've installed a different speedo on a 2008 Night Rod, the Motogadget Mini. I ordered it allong with the handlebar clamp to put it in (and has all the warning lights fitted in it).
I connected both with the special Motogadget M-Can+ witch connects the whole thing to the stock harness wiring.
Speedo works fine, no problems there, but i have issues with the fuel warning light, it doesn't work. I called the guy's from Motogadget and they said that some models don't support the fuel warning light.

If anyone can help me, I'd be really happy!

·
Kickstart My Heart!!
1,506 Posts
Can't help you there myself however the VRODs fuel gauges stock never seem to work for just about everyone. I would not trust running the bike and getting fuel only when the light comes on regardless or when the needle is showing low fuel. Just set your trip meter and fill up between 120 and 140 miles to be safe.

·
Kidzap
1,064 Posts
The Vrod fuel gauges are notorious for misinformation. My low fuel light comes on when i still have 2 gallons in the tank. Just reset the trip meter at every fill up and be happy the light doesn't work it wouldn't be telling you the truth anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that's my idea aswell, but it's a customers bike and he's been asking for it..
I guess i've been waisting a lot of time looking for a solution just for his comfort..

·
Kickstart My Heart!!
1,506 Posts
that's my idea aswell, but it's a customers bike and he's been asking for it..
I guess i've been waisting a lot of time looking for a solution just for his comfort..
I understand. That is why I said I can't help with the direct question. Using google and search criteria of "site:1130cc.com 1130cc fuel light instrument cluster" I found the below thread that may be helpful. There may be more.

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-89779.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts