Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
I may just be an asshole but I think this thing looks just like every other cookie cutter chopper out there.

·
1130cc Mike
1,860 Posts
I'm with Smoothrod. It looks like a mass produced version of an OCC chopper. If the popularity of that particular show is anywhere near a pulse, the move to TLC and the disinterest of overall chopperworld is any indicator, the "Rocker" may be just a little late in coming.

Does it look nice? Sure, but isn't taking a bike and making it a chopper the whole idea about making it your own? They should have named it the "Insta-chopper" and been done with it.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
smoothrod said:
I may just be an asshole but I think this thing looks just like every other cookie cutter chopper out there.

There is no doubt as to the answer to your first statement (just playing). I agree, looks like a big dog or something.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
it does look like they are trying to get some of the custom guys on the market but with that said I don't understand why they don't change the gas tank. I think that tank on that bike is an eye soar

·
Never Late
520 Posts
:them:
smoothrod said:

since yesterday i have been biting my tongue about my opinion on this bike. Yes it is ok, but to me it look like a cookie cutter for the customs that are out on the market already....looks like a little wannabe. The bike is not that big and i am sure the girls will be drawn to it for a bike over the sportster.

at a price tag of $19,000...i think i would go with a custom before this bike. I don't want to ride around on a wonnabe when i can spend a few more $$$ and have the real thing.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Seat back grab a bag popcorn and watch them literally fly off of the racks! :popcorn

I personally think it looks like xtreme ass when they slap on the passenger seat. OCC wanna-a-be bike? Yes it is, can you blame them? No, are they late to the game? Yes they are, do I really freaking care? HELL NO! I am just waiting for the first idot on one of these to try to out run!:moon:

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Janne90 said:
I believe the factory has been spying on OCC !!!!
Yea, right..... Like they give 2 shits about that those losers do.

Harley looked at the market and decided they could build something that looked the part using existing technology. Why everyone is so negative escapes me. If you don't like it then don't buy it.....

·
Never Late
520 Posts
going to be a huge chick bike!!! low seat height screams chicky with short legs!! not to mention the solo seat look! i will bet money the first one i see will have a biker chick on it!

·
Back in Black
2,577 Posts
the problem with most customs is they are custom true our (all) bikes break but i bet $ customs break a heck of a lot more a chopper with a good waranty is something you never see. We may all think it sucks but bottom line is it will sell and that is all Harley cares about

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
I think it needs a springer front end, then I'd like it a whole lot better........and a different gas tank :D

·
Never Late
520 Posts
yes it will sell that is for sure and that in itself is the problem for likeing it. You will see them everywhere unlike the v-rod. Becuase you will see them everywhere it will loss its coolness over time. Customs are all different so when you see them they have something new to look at.....v-rods will always be limited in how many you see....just because they are v-rods. I will keep my rod and mod it as it is no cookie cutter bike to any on the road today or by any custom builder. The v-rod is not a cookie cutter, but rather a cookie with bite!

·
Nate
3,277 Posts
Eh, the Rocker is just a starter kit (although an expensive one). They want the crowd that love the chopper look, but will only ride a Harley. Then they will sell the crap out of accessories as people try to make it look custom. They will make mad cash with this bike.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Newfie_V-Rod said:
i think they raked it out up front to make it look like a V-rod~

it does look nice though~

I think they are going after those that can't afford a Big Dog or Thunder Mountain Cycle. I like the look . . .

1 - 20 of 48 Posts