Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Let us know how it works. Powercommander told me you have to eliminate the 02 sensors but they have not had one available for a map yet. I'll be interested to hear how it goes and what your before and after numbers are.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been talking to Dustin and dynojet and they are recommending not to use the PCIII USB with the 08 VRSCDX because of the 02 sensors (thanks jlavallee).

It will be a new part number and is not out yet :(

So, do I run K&N and tabs without fuel manager for the meantime? I'm guessing not...

·
Registered
100 Posts
I would say not since I don't think the current FI system is totally closed loop. Personally, I am awaiting my service manual and to finish my break in before doing the basics. I'm planning on a 3 day Cali ride with some of the guys from the local sportbike group so I'm sure she'll get a workout. Just did the second oil change last night so come on Friday!:D

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What oil and oil filter is generally considered the best...amsoil? what weight for oil and part number for oil filter?

Thanks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
fafafooey said:
What oil and oil filter is generally considered the best...amsoil? what weight for oil and part number for oil filter?

Thanks.
Well, that topic can be argued through the ages. When I used to do oil analysis I sent in many samples and the differences are not huge for the known brands. Personally, I run Mobil 1 in my 4 wheeled vehicles.

For the Harley, I did oil change and filter #1 at 113 miles (I always do a 100 mile approx) service to flush and casting debris and initial material out. I used Castrol motorcycle oil in 20w50.

Second service I usually just change out the oil at around 600 miles, I did it at 455 due to the upcoming trip but it's really just to feel comfortable. Same Castrol.

At about 1500 miles I'll switch to synthetic as long as I feel she has broken in well. In all likelyhood I'll be using Motul 300V in 15w50.

That's just me, I think it's cheap insurance. Opinions are like assholes right? Really, all the name oils are very good.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks.

I read somewhere that the h-d 'recommended' oil and oil filter are the bottom of the bucket (literally) when it comes to quality. But, I don't really know.

I was just going to go with what I get at the dealer or from v-mod, but I wanted to check around.

My buddy puts amsoil in his 100th anniversary nightrain and swears by it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts