Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

2008 AW Front Wheel for a 2007 Front

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  street rodder 
#1 ·
Don't know if this is done much but here goes...

As much as I love the look of the laced front wheel on my 2008 AW, I'd really like to go with a slotted aluminum wheel. Let me know if you're interested in the trade...it would be for rotors and all, since I don't believe the laced rotors will work on the cast wheel. Also, I guess we'd BOTH be looking at a bearing kit right?...since my wheel would have the 25mm bearings.

Thanks!
Russ

#6 ·
...it would be for rotors and all, since I don't believe the laced rotors will work on the cast wheel.

Also, I guess we'd BOTH be looking at a bearing kit right?...since my wheel would have the 25mm bearings.

Thanks!
Russ
You are correct on the rotors. Also I believe if you trade axles it will be a direct bolt-on swap since the fork legs accept the 25MM or 1" axle (all lower forks are the same from '02 - '11 except Muscle and R models with inverted forks but the axles are still the same). Good luck with the trade. Also I'm assuming your bike doesn't have ABS? If so then the bearings are different and you would need to swap them out and not the axle.

#7 ·
Yep, swapping the axles DOES make perfect sense...since the difference between 1" and 25mm is nil. I know that Harley uses the same spacers for both sizes.

Oh and no, the bike is NOT ABS. I know what you mean though. The FLHTC I just sold had ABS and the bearings are magnetically encoded. I really don't like Harley's ABS at all. Of all my ABS bikes, the R1200GS was probably the best as far as ABS goes.

Thanks for the axle suggestion,
Russ

#9 ·
spoked front wheel

I have a spoked front wheel and wanted to put the slotted front wheel on my 2008 vrscawa does anyone know what year slotted wheel would work and what other components I will need to make this work since I have ABS.Thank you

#10 ·
I have a spoked front wheel and wanted to put the slotted front wheel on my 2008 vrscawa does anyone know what year slotted wheel would work and what other components I will need to make this work since I have ABS.Thank you
I'm also interested. I'd love to have a laced front.

#11 ·
Have an ABS bearing pressed in, and Mr Large is all over it! Joe

#12 ·
Have an ABS bearing pressed in, and Mr Large is all over it! Joe
:D

Not a problem, Joe....any moreso than snarfing those SE slip-ons you mentioned having. Other logistical difficulties, fixed income, etc. I can't afford to pay attention....just need to sell/trade stuff to make other stuff happen.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.