Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone with reliable bonafide info regarding the 1250CC motor in the 2008 model - is it the SAME as the VRSCX s Screaming Eagle motor.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
I have to retract my previous.

They have the compression ratio to be 11.5 to 1, vs the 11.3 to 1 in the earlier models. They also list the stroke to be a bit shorter at 2.83 inches to the 2.84 of the previous models.

They must have changed something.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm not sure either, as one thing I read was something like 'all 08 get the engine only available on last year's X/previous S/E'. The X stuff said it was the 1130 bored, ported and differrent cams. The 07 was suggested to be 123bhp, where the 08 claim is 125bhp, but this just sounds like rounding up to a figure that sounds good! Hadn't noticed the other bits of detail you've seen. It wouls seem strange if they'd made it different when they had the thing built for 2 year's models previously...
Think this one is going to run...

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Changes for 08

Someone posted a link to this pdf file that explains most of the changes for 08.

Attachments

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
It's my understanding it's the same 1250 used in cvo and other models. The no compression release is because of the bigger battery, that means no longer needed. It is really borderline if any of them need it. Seems only when very hot and a low battery would they not turn over. There is a different program on the ecm no doubt with two 02 sensors but I think all the other internals are the same.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Harley never released any official HP ratings for the X, torque was published at 86 FTLBS...

·
Ricky Love MooreHead
1,440 Posts
Harley never published it, but I have read that its around 123HP, 86 lb torque... The new 08 1250 are said to be at 122HP.. With new pipes, topless and K&F air, I'm dyno'd at 133HP and 92 lbs.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
QuickTripp said:
I'm dyno'd at 133HP and 92 lbs.
Impressive. What pipes? What fuel management? Can you scan in the dyno sheet?

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
QuickTripp said:
Harley never published it, but I have read that its around 123HP, 86 lb torque... The new 08 1250 are said to be at 122HP.. With new pipes, topless and K&F air, I'm dyno'd at 133HP and 92 lbs.

Those are some good number for a stock 1250. Sounds like a really happy dyno.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Yea,real happy.
I have stock modified pipes,a filter and an rt and my smoothest all around tune is right at 115 hp and I think like 82 ft lbs of tq.

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
JC#477
26 Posts
1250cc

I agree el-rod my smoothest setting for street riding was the same 115rwhp and 83.75 torque. With running a thunderheader, screamin eagle air filter,pc3 and the top on. Again this is set up for cruising and not the strip.:them:

·
Ricky Love MooreHead
1,440 Posts
Steppenwolf said:
Impressive. What pipes? What fuel management? Can you scan in the dyno sheet?
D&D 2 into 1,, SERT, topless and K&F.. Stock 1250, 07VRSCX

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65426

Actually post #9 the second set are close to where I'm at currently.

Thats my point, I haven't seen numbers like this, which leads me to, was the dyno too happy??

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
QuickTripp said:
D&D 2 into 1,, SERT, topless and K&F.. Stock 1250, 07VRSCX

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65426

Actually post #9 the second set are close to where I'm at currently.

Thats my point, I haven't seen numbers like this, which leads me to, was the dyno too happy??
Thanks for the post and link - at first glance you do seem to have come on a happy dyno, just based on the fact that I've never heard of a NA 1250 making 132hp. I don't have time to study on your printout right now, but I am just an amatuer when campared to some of the members who chimed in to post on your thread, so their opinions are worth a heck of a lot more than mine. I am learning, though...

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
Just looking at your A/F ratio, I hope you brought that down quite a bit since your second run. That seems very lean and could potentially do a lot of damage. You seem to have found a happy dyno on top of it.

·
Ricky Love MooreHead
1,440 Posts
Dark_HD_07 said:
Just looking at your A/F ratio, I hope you brought that down quite a bit since your second run. That seems very lean and could potentially do a lot of damage. You seem to have found a happy dyno on top of it.
Oh yea!!! I dumped some fuel in from 2500 to 4000, Haven't dyno'ed since but we seem to run cooler than before. Popping seems to be better also.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts